I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Still Here . . .

Well, believe it or not - the little people here at Procrastination Station are still alive. Christmas exploded into our no-space-having, I-want-that-even-though-I-don't-really-need-it lives just two days ago and already I'm starting to grow a tad bit tired of hearing "Grandma Got Runover by A Reindeer". Why the heck wasn't Santa watching where he was going anyway? I like Grandmas . . . come to think of it . . . who doesn't?

I digress.

I am typing this as I sit among the stacks of thrashed wrapping paper and partially picked-over chocolate variety packs in the downstairs living room of my childhood home nestled quaintly in a leaf-covered street somewhere in the wonderful state of Texas. Isn't Christmas great that way? I personally think Linus was dead on, but just slightly below that beautiful sentiment . . . Christmas is probably also all about Family.

Family - (n.) That belovedly interesting, if not slightly strange accumulation of people that you look forward to seeing each chance you get, even though everyone involved manages to drive each other just a lil' bit crazy sometimes.

(Don't blame me - that's Ole' Mr. Webster speaking there. Look it up.)

Truly, enjoying time with your family is the most important part of the Holiday Season, no matter what holiday you choose to celebrate. So, we here at The Station wanted to send out wishes of many happy family times for all during this holiday season.


Ben O.

13 Comments:

Blogger StringMan said...

Getting together with family and friends is the best part of all this, far outweighing the commercial piggery ... good wishes to you and your crew down there on the road in Texas.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Being with family on Christmas is the best! Have fun while in Texas.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Awww Ben, your so sweet. I bet your family is a hoot. Glad your enjoying the holidays, hope you and yours have a happy and prosperous new year!

9:05 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Actually, I'd say the assorted chocolates is my hightlight of the holiday, but that's because my family gets to drive me nuts 24/7, 364.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

Whelp...family or no family...I've been having a blast! I love this time of the year! :)
~Eyes

10:52 AM  
Blogger KayseaLove said...

fam·i·ly (făm'ə-lē, făm'lē) pronunciation
n., pl. -lies.

1.
1. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
2. Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.
2. All the members of a household under one roof.
3. A group of persons sharing common ancestry. See Usage Note at collective noun.
4. Lineage, especially distinguished lineage.
5. A locally independent organized crime unit, as of the Cosa Nostra.
6.
1. A group of like things; a class.
2. A group of individuals derived from a common stock: the family of human beings.
7. Biology. A taxonomic category of related organisms ranking below an order and above a genus. A family usually consists of several genera.
8. Linguistics. A group of languages descended from the same parent language, such as the Indo-European language family.
9. Mathematics. A set of functions or surfaces that can be generated by varying the parameters of a general equation.
10. Chemistry. A group of elements with similar chemical properties.
11. Chemistry. A vertical column in the periodic table of elements.

adj.

1. Of or having to do with a family: family problems.
2. Being suitable for a family: family movies.

[Middle English familie, from Latin familia, household, servants of a household, from famulus, servant.]

12:46 PM  
Blogger KayseaLove said...

Oh… you were speaking rhetorically. ;)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Good to hear from you Ben! I, myself, had to drag myself away from dismantling my Christmas decor to post today. I hate Christmas crap around the house after Christmas. Pet peeve.

8:53 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Truly, enjoying time with your family is the most important part of the Holiday Season, no matter what holiday you choose to celebrate.

Right on here. Hope your holidays went well.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Aaaw! Ben's gone all warm & fuzzy on us ;-)
Glad you're happy - enjoy!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Wow. Good definition of family. Thanks for your visit!

And YES, it feels SO GOOD to be HOME.

Be well. Kiss the mountains for me ...
A

8:38 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Happy New Years! The time to something so stupid that the rest of the year will seem a breeze.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Nice definition of Family. And I agree with you although I wouldn't mind a break from my Mother. ;-)

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home