I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Feedback Saturday (#15)

Okay, here's one for ya . . .

I 'm not quite sure if it has something to do with the season or what, but I sure have been hearing alot about sleeping kids that have visions of candy dancing around in there heads as well as this fat, fashionably challenged old geezer who, for some reason, has taken it upon himself to slide down people's chimneys so that he can distribute candy and gifts while they are asleep, and while we are at it . . . what the heck is a sugar-plumb fairy anyway? Wait, I just decided that I don't really want to know. Some things are better left "un-figured-out" . . . as it were.

Now, everybody knows that Christmas is one of the biggies when it comes to candy. You practically have to exile yourself to a cave for three months if you don't want to gain 25 lbs. of somewhat-less-than-beautiful fat over the Holiday Season. Did I hear someone say "24 Hour Fitness"? So many goodies just laying about that most party tables look like a display case at the Hershey Factory in Pennsylvania on "Chocolate Overstock" Day.

Now I'm no expert, but I would just bet that every single breathing human-being out there has themselves a favorite type or brand of candy. It could be an oldie, but goodie from the long-distant past or one that is so hot off the assembly line that even Paris Hilton hasn't ruined it yet by applying her own style of overexposure to it. Maybe it's a two pack of Peanut Butter Cups or a nice crisp Red & White Candy Cane or possibly even an entire sleeve of Pez gracefully shot out of Darth Vader's mechanical mouth. It don't matter to me . . . I just want to hear about it.

So, pull up a keyboard, turn on the ole' memory banks and tell us all about your favorite candy. I want to know every last detail pertaining to when the first time you tasted it was and why you can't go 3 hours without having it. (You can leave out that part about when you ate 14 bags of it and threw up in the front-yard next to your Mother's roses . . . please.)

This really should be fun.


Ben O.

17 Comments:

Blogger Sadie Lou said...

mmmm...my favorite candy is Runts; especially the banana ones. Those are always in my stocking by the pound because "Santa" know I still love them and they are a great candy to bring to the movies.

Favorite candy bar: Butterfinger or Almond Joy

7:15 PM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

chocolate...any kind of chocolate but Godiva is to die for!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Maura - Hard to beat good ole Chocolate. If you think the nail is big, wait until you see the hammer.

Sherry - I remember the name, but I can't place the taste. I must not have been too into the old Marathon bars.

Lingo - Never even heard of a Curly Wurly. Sounds good though. Sorry to hear about the Cookie Crisp thing. I guess the FDA has decided that it is just too tasty for you canucks up there. That just means more for us. (If you really want some, I can probably swing a deal with ya, though.)

Sadie - Runts are good, but fruity candy takes a big backseat to chocolate candy in my book. Butterfingers are totally the bomb . . . as are peanut butter cups and Almond Joys. Twix are pretty tasty as well. I hope Ryan is feeling better soon, and back to eating candy with the rest of us.

Jenbeauty - Godiva is pretty good, no doubt. What is the consensus out there . . . Dark, Milk or White Chocolate?

Ben O.

11:12 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Don't have a favorite candy - they're all good... but it has to be dark chocolate.

3:00 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Turtles(Snickers in a pinch), Peanut Butter Cups, and peanut M&Ms.
We made my son's favorite Christmas goody last week. Peanut butter, sandwiched between Ritz crackers and dipped in chocolate almond bark. Simply sinful!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first comment on your Blog.
Love your music list ,exept maybe for Rush.
Have you seen CREAM in St. Albert HAll it is the best.
AS for your Skiing Days counter, I love it.This reminds me I have to go skiing.

7:38 AM  
Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

What a great question... lemme see, I don't like sugar-types of candy, but I love chocolate. My favorite candy bars are 100,000 dollar bars and Reese's cups (is that a bar?). My hubby always buys me Dove dark chocolate, what a sweetie. Gotta say though, my all time favorite chocolate anything has got to be those baby cadbury eggs (the candy coated ones) at Easter. I could eat a whole bag!! :)

Great blog btw... and thanks for stopping by mine!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

M&Ms period. But not the "seasonal" ones. They taste different, seriously. Plain old brown bag, circus palette M&Ms.

Nice "Biggest Loser" reference btw:)

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like many of you, I LOVE chocolate!but to narrow it down, I like dark chocolate (isn't it wonderful that they think it might be a little bit good for you) and specifically a candy bar that used to be called "forever yours", and was recently reincarnated as "Midnight milky way". But as good as these are, I really love home made candy. My mom and I used to make one called "Aunt Bill's Candy", a rich caramel flavored treat chock full of pecans. Ahhh . . I could gain a few pounds just on memories. To Maura: The chocolate nail sounds good. We got a chocolate foot one year from a Podiatrist friend. Very tasty!!
Ben, I'll put in a supply of peanut butter cups . . . Luv, MOM

7:09 PM  
Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

Two words...Ferrero Rocher.

I remember the first time I tasted this unbelievable little round ball of delight. I was in 6th grade and it was Christmas time. My fancy neighbor had a box and she was bragging about how good they were. When I asked it I could have one she ran to ask her mom and I remember the struggle in her mother's voice. When she finally agreed to let me have one I think the world stopped spinning. Oh.my.god!
I was given a huge box of them by one of my students this past Thursday...it's half gone...Right, did you say "24 Hour Fitness"?
~Eyes

6:50 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Cherry flavored candy canes! First time I tasted one I was like wow it was not peppermint!! So I always get both regular candy canes and the cherry ones to hang on the tree. My mom used to get some kind of ornaments that would hang on the tree. They were chocolate!!! My twin sis and I would eat them all before Christmas. I think my love for chocolate began then. :) Lindt truffles are my favorite. The white, dark and milk ones. Also love Dove chocolate in any shape, size and form.

7:02 AM  
Blogger divinetrash said...

I could never narrow it down to just one favourite kind of candy. There's room in my heart for everything, with the exception of licorice all-sorts, peanut M&Ms, and Snickers Bars. Blech.

It's like asking a parent to chose their favourite child, Ben!

9:14 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

I'm a chocolate fan, so I'm going to throw Sixlets into the mix. But to be fair, I can't leave out Zotz - hard candy with a fizzy center. When you got to the middle, it was like an explosion in your mourth. And who doesn't love Pop Rocks?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Cadbury Caramello...when you bite into it caramel oozes out,...oh yeah baby.

10:29 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Fav candy? Homemade rum balls. Here you go...

1 stick of butter
1 16 oz package of powdered sugar
1 box of baking chocolate
1 stick of paraffin wax
nuts of your choice (we used walnuts last time)
Rum

Take the nuts and soak them in rum overnight. Then melt the stick of butter and mix it really well with powdered sugar and the nuts. Roll them into balls and put them in the fridge overnight. On the third day, melt the wax and the chocolate in a double boiler. Dip the balls in the chocolate mix. You'd want to put two or three coats of chocolate on the balls.

Enjoy.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Dark chocolate - the darker the better. My fave right now is Santander's 70% Chocolate from Colombia. Soooo goood.

Old fave was 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate.

White chocolate is not chocolate - there's no cocoa in it!!! And it can't be chocolate if there's no cocoa.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Homade rum balls?!

*drooling*

I knew I shouldn't have checked in on this post...
Ryan IS feeling better--thanks for the prayers.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home