I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I Dink I Hab A Code

Okay, here's one for ya . . .

Why does it always seem that the dreaded cold comes on at the worst possible time? I guess when you think about it, though . . . there really is no "good" time to feel under the weather.

I so wanted to be Captain McSuavee tonight and write the post to end all posts. I was envisioning turning on so much charm, wit and general studliness that the entire blog universe would come crashing down in an avalanche of unparalleled verbal geekiness upon realizing that I . . . the great and wonderful Ben O. had finally set the blog-bar too high to ever match again.

The only problem (other than the fact that I can't even write two decently funny words in a row) is that I feel considerably less than interesting tonight. I know it is something of a cop-out, but hey . . . that's the breaks.

So, come on in (I'm pretty sure this flim-fest isn't contagious over the internet), pull up a seat and check out something from the archives. Take a look way back when and let me know what you think of how we've changed for the better (hopefully) or possibly the worse (I know where you live.)

I'll be back to my annoyingly irresistible self before you can say "Ouch! That hurts!"


Ben O.

9 Comments:

Blogger StringMan said...

Hey wait a minute - I just was reading how your pal Lingo Slinger was down with a nasty cold as well -- even posted a gross picture of some fat guy in her misery (hey, it's probably really her!)... now you're messed up ... WTF? Are you guys, you know ... ahem ...

8:47 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Let's face it, starting on your archives when I really should be getting ready for work is not a smart move. But I'll be back.
In the meantime (see how I just turned that around?), wrap up, drink rum and juice (I know... cold is bliss in disguise), and whine.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I used to get sick every Christmas vacation - that really sucked. If I'm going to be sick I want to use up sick time, dammit!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm a FIRM believer in Alka-Seltzer Nighttime Cold & Cough - that stuff rocks!

5:59 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

I hope you feel better soon. I think your funny even when you are not trying! lol

Write for yourself first and it will all for into place.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

If it makes you feel better, the Captain McSuavee graf made me laugh out loud. I'll check out some archives.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Poor Ben.
My kids give me some God foresaken cold without fail, this time of year. I should be joining the Alka Seltzer ranks soon enough.
(even though I hear that medicine causes cancer--it's the only thing that works for me and my deoderant will probably give me cancer first)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Gee, you're just oozing charm at the moment. Oh wait, that's not charm, that's... eeeeeuw!

btw You did put 2 funny words in a row in this post: "irresistable self"
LOL!
That's just to get you back for the "verbal geekiness" comment. Hmf.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

goin to check out your archives..gettin to feelin better soon Ben-O

3:33 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Strings - Is Lingo sick too? That's too bad - get better Lingo.

Anne - Just take the day off and archive surf away . . . or not.

Jax - No I don't. Comment here about any past posts you want. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Kathleen - I have actually been having some real success with Drixoral - not an endorsement, but hey if the stuff works.

Jenbeauty - thanks. That kind of talk will make anyone feel better.

Tenacious - please do . . . they are such a great place to find out more about a blog you just recently noticed.

Sadie - Kids are killers . . . God love 'em. I always get whatever they have and it is always ten times worse for me.

Terri - thanks for that overwhelming vote of confidence. I think I will just sit here and ooze for awhile.

Sherry - thank you. I do too.

Beading Gal - yes, please do check out the ole archives.

Anyone is welcome to dig down in there and try and find a few hidden treasures.

Ben O.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home