I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Two For The Price Of One

Okay, here's one for ya . . .

What happens when you get tagged twice in the same freakin' day? The way I see it this is a clear sign that you are spending way too much time blogging and you have two choices. You can either unplug your beautiful new computer, calmly walk over to the second-story window and toss the sucker out, confident in the warm-fuzzy feeling that you are doing the right thing and thus allowing yourself at least the chance to finally peel your butt off of the chair . . . or you can respond.

It was pretty close, but after 20 unsuccessful minutes of trying to get the window open, I decided to go ahead and respond -

Lingo - here you go . . .

1. I have had an operation.
Nope - I did break my arm once though, because I thought I could turn the bicycle handlebars without actually holding on to them. Let me go ahead and fill everyone in on this . . . you can't.

2. I once stole a car.
Nope - a few songs off of Napster, but never a car.

3. Once I had a live frog visit me as a house guest.
I'm quite confident that I don't even have a clue what this means . . . I almost wish I did have a frog that would come by and play nintendo sometimes. It might be fun.

4. I own over 40 watches.
Nope - just the one. There is no witty comment that would even work here . . .

5. I do a tarot reading every day.
Nope again - I will admit to a sort of "lick-the-finger-and-hold-it-up-to-see-which-way-the-wind-is-blowing" test each morning. You can sort of feel how the day is going to go. At least sometimes you can.

6. Sometimes I wear tin foil in my hair.
Uh . . . nope. Not since, they outlawed it in Colorado.

7. I've never been swimming.
I was on the High School Swim Team. And yes, I know what you are thinking and yes we did have to wear speedos and yes it was a tad revealing and NO I haven't worn one since graduation.

Next question, please . . .

8. I once hid a lobster under my bed.
This is actually a strange one, because I sort of have. Way, way back in the day we caught a bunch of crawdads and put them in an aquarium and about a year later, we found one all dead and crustified under my parent's bed. I don't know if they even know about it . . . can you get dooced by your parents? We shall see.

9. Sometimes I sit and stare at the clock for up to 4 hours at a time.
Nope - can't say that I have ever done that. I can people-watch for 4 hours easily.

10. I'm licensed to drive a bus.
Nope - , but I think it would be cool to buy an old school bus and fix it up into the ultimate hooptie-mobile. There is a lot of room back there.

11. I once got kicked out of a wax museum.
Nope - but I have a very vivid memory of going to a wax museum haunted house back in the day. Pretty scary, let me testify to that.

12. Me and Jay Jay went to Hawaii for Christmas.
What can you say . . . I was drunk and he was such a nice guy and he offered to pay for the flight.
NO of course not. I've never even been to Hawaii and when I do it ain't gonna be with Jay Jay.

13. I once conducted a research experiment.
Yep - got the BS degree hanging on the wall to prove it too.

14. I've never been to Fargo North Dakota.
I actually can't remember. Brother O, help me out on this one. We drove up to Winnipeg and probably got close to Fargo, but if I had to guess . . . I would say no. The movie is one of my all time favorites, though.

15. I've met Christina Ricci.
Nope.

16. I watched a baby hippo being born.
Nope, but watching a baby hippo being born has got to be better than watching an adult hippo being born.

17. I collect potato chips that look like Cat Stevens.
Nope - I eat potato chips that look like Cat Stevens.

18. I have been to New York.
Yep - way back in the day.

19. I keep my Aloe Vera in the fridge.
Nope - We keep our passports in the freezer, though. Don't ask . . . I think it has something to do with that being the only place that it would be safe in a fire or something.

20. I used to keep scrabble letters in my pillow case.
I don't even think this sounds like a good idea. I like to keep pillows in my pillow case. I'm strange that way.


AND now Sadie, here you go -

1. What color are your kitchen plates?
We have everyday white and fine china off white with silver rims.

2. What book(s) are you reading now?
I keep them up over on the left side of the blog. I have been reading an interesting book about real-life grizzly bear attacks called "Mark of the Grizzly" by Scott McMillion and I just started Nicholas Evans's newest novel "The Divide".

3. What or who is on your mouse pad?
Totally lame Dell factory mousepad that came with the computer. I like it though, because it doesn't get gross and dirty like the cloth-covered onces used to.

4. What's your favorite board game?
Trivial Pursuit. I also like this game we have that is sort of a combo board game and card game called Sequence.

5. Favorite magazine?
Right now I am taking Cargo, The Writer and Sunset. They are all really interesting. I occasionally get subscriptions to various skiing magazines too, but not this season.

7. Least favorite smell?
I almost yack everytime I everytime I smell sour cream.

8. What's the first thing you think of in the morning?
I usually read some in the morning. The Bible or whatever book I am working on at the time.

9. Favorite color?
Blue

10. Least favorite color?
I am not into any of the pastels for some reason.

11. How many rings before you answer the phone?
Well, if I don't get it before 3 it goes to voicemail. Sometimes (like during Supper or during a show, that is exactly what we let it do.)

12. Future children's names?
Wait and see . . .

13. What is your sign and birthday?
Gemini - June 18th

14. Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
Doesn't matter. I will, but I can't say that I have ever had a jonesing for just the stems.

15. If you could have any job what would it be?
Music, Restaurant and Electronics critic for a magazine. Chocolate taster would be pretty cool, too.

It's too bad some sugar daddy corporation hasn't come along and decided to pay me for writing this lil' blog.

16. If you could have any color hair what would it be?
Maybe red . . . to match my freakin' beard.

17. Is the glass half full or half empty?
If it had Guinness in it originally, then it is completely empty.

18. Favorite movie?
Highlander, but I like alot of movies and there are quite a few that would probably come in a close second like Memento, Heat, Star Wars. The list goes on and on.

19. Do you type with the right fingers on the keys?
Yes, my class in High School was probably the last in history to actually take a typing class on get this . . . typewriters. It was really lame at the time, but I am actually thankful, because I can still type the correct way.

20. What's under your bed?
An inflatable kayak. Don't ask.

21. What is your favorite number?
I never really thought about it. 7 is pretty cool I guess.

22. What is your single biggest fear?
I don't really like flying all that much, but for some unexplained reason I always seem to be doing it.

23. Person(s) most likely to respond?
I'm going to leave this blank - I welcome any and all responses. Please also feel free to post your own answers on your blog.

24. Who is least likely to respond?
(See Above)

25. Favorite CD?
U2 - The Joshua Tree. It was actually the very first CD I ever got. Thanks Brother O.

26. Favorite TV show?
Cold Case Files (The A&E version) and CSI. I also like Who's Line is it Anyway reruns.

27. Ketchup or mustard?
Ketchup for sure.

28. Hamburgers or Hot dogs?
Hamburgers with lots of ketchup.

29. Favorite soft drink?
Everyone? COKE

30. The best place you have ever been?
Three way toss up between Edinburgh, Paris and Jamaica.

31. The most amazing sight?
Sometimes when we make it to the top of a fourteener I am just amazed at the sight. The Rockies are absolutely beautiful.

32. What screen saver is on your computer right now?
I am so boring - it just turns itself off after a few minutes.

33. Favorite burger?
There is a greasy spoon in Waco, Texas called "Cupps" that makes the absolute best hamburgers on Earth. If you're anywhere even close and get the chance - take it.

34. Favorite pet?
We don't have one now, but I had a lot of fish growing up.

Okay, that's it . . . now more tags for at least two or three days.

I gotta eat sometime, people.


Ben O.

20 Comments:

Blogger Sadie Lou said...

The getting to know you thing just keeps getting creepier.
*Firsties*
You're like my male clone or something and a little like my husband. The two of you would probably make fast friends.
*Your answer to the half empty/half full question tipped me off...
Wow.
I'm a Gemini too--maybe that's it?
*twilight zone music*
Nope. Nope. That's not it, it's just weird, that's all.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

He takes a sip of the Irish nectar every now and then, does he?

Ben O.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

He calls it Mother's Milk...

5:20 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Mother's Milk? Actually, that is sort of creepy. (Don't tell him I said that . . . I don't need any more dudes out to get me.)

Guinness is pretty darn good. It is hard to go back to lighter beers once you really get a taste for the many dark, truly flavorful offerings out there. We toured the Guinness Brewery while we were in Dublin and it was something I won't soon forget.

I'm thirsty all of a sudden.

Ben O.

11:19 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I can people-watch for 4 hours easily.

Me too.

I was on the High School Swim Team.

Very cool. I can swim a long ways, but not fast.

Nope, but watching a baby hippo being born has got to be better than watching an adult hippo being born.

Lol!

U2 - The Joshua Tree.

Of U2, I liked Achtung Baby better.

There is a greasy spoon in Waco, Texas called "Cupps" that makes the absolute best hamburgers on Earth. If you're anywhere even close and get the chance - take it.

I'll keep that in mind next time I'm in Texas.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

Interesting answers. Some of the questions are rough though!! Would like to know who came up with them.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Was it you?

Ben O.

1:22 AM  
Blogger anne said...

"now more tags for at least two or three days."
You love it, admit it.

4:51 AM  
Blogger leesepea said...

Okay, I've come up with a new meme rule for myself:

If the meme has more than five questions, I'm not going to play along. I have come up with this rule to help keep myself on track with things I need to take care of in my real life, because if I keep procrastinating the way I've been, I'm going to go insane.

Double tagging?

No way is that two for the price of one! That's two separate posts, baby, and it frees up a night of no-posting!

P.S. Thanks for stopping by.

7:21 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Goodness...but I like these Memes...you get to know people!

Great answers.

8:07 AM  
Blogger haiguon said...

Ben O.
I'll try to read your blog. I'm studying English and it'll be good for me. Forgive if I make mistakes. At the moment I have a lot of work and it's very difficult for me spend time on my blog. But in december I'll come back...
I'll write again later.
HaiguĆ³n

8:48 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

I saw a baby buffalo being born once. There are no hippos in Nebraska.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Zombster - U2 doesn't really have a bad album. If you are reading this and you either used to like them or you just now started liking them . . . go back and listen to the old stuff, or try their newer material - It is all good.

Anne - What was it that gave it away? My way too sarcastic banter leading into the list?

Sippy - I hear there are more than a few restaurants that won't let Jay Jay come back. (I jest, but why have I even typed the name Jay Jay more than once?)

Leesepea - No, thank YOU for stopping by. I should adopt that cut-off point type approach to these things. And, you're right . . . I should have milked this sucker for all it was worth. Heck, I probably could have gotten two weeks worth of posts out of all that superfluous info.

Jenbeauty - thank you . . . You can't really make up stuff that would be any better.

Haiguon - No problem, come back anytime and don't worry about any perceived language barriers. Most of the time, I can't even understand myself.

Trin - I think they have one near the border, but technically it belongs to Kansas. Sorry.

Ben O.

11:23 AM  
Blogger anne said...

Ben O., the "now" instead of "no" was a handy hint... :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I actually think that was just a typo, now that I go back and look.

How funny is that?

Ben O.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Z-Lama -

Can't Comment 'Cause Coolness Creates Crazy Continuity

Ben O.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

EXTREMELY jealous that you've been to Guinness Heaven. I'm in complete agreement on your half empty/half full question. I had three last night and it was all I could do not to have that fourth - which have put me not just over the edge but all the way down the cliff. I'm such a lightweight.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

*sigh*

...would...

sorry for the missing word.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Is the inflatable kayak in case the crawdads get homesick...?

PS about the frog houseguest... we used to get frogs coming in the house quite often when we were younger. Don't know where the hell they came from cos we didn't live near water or anything.
Weird.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Kathleen - Guinness rocks. Hell, Dublin Rocks. Very cool city with a brewery that brews way more than beer. They brew Irishness . . .

I loved it.

Terr - nope, it's in case we get water-sick. We need some freaking water up here in Colorado. Mountains are great, but water is cool too, people.

Ben O.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home