I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Day After Halloween

Here's one for ya . . .

Why is the day after Halloween the un-creepiest day of the entire year?

I get into all the fun and exhilaration of Halloween just like (if not more than) the next guy, but dude . . . when I woke up this morning all of the spiders, bats, cobwebs and various other creepy-crawlies that we had placed around our apartment seemed a tad bit lame. Wasn't it just last night that I was huddled over in the corner behind the couch shaking spastically as Count Dracula himself appeared on the TV screen and all the while the ghoulish sounds of my "Swamp of the Living Dead" CD were oozing eerily out of the stereo speakers?

I believe so . . .

Today, in the piercing light of mid-afternoon, all of the creepy contraband necessary to get that really authentic "haunted apartment" look that I strive for each year, just looks pathetic. Totally played out.

I guess it's time to sweep it all back into the coffin and close the crypt for another year. Maybe I'll bust out my "Monster Mash" mp3 in a couple of months and rekindle the scary feeling of halloween. Probably not, though . . .

Once the witches all fly away for the year (where the heck do those darn witches go on November 1st anyway?) and Freddy, Jason and Mike Meyers have all taken off their masks and found their way back to the asylum, there isn't really all that much left to be afraid of . . . until you hit the shopping mall on the day after Thanksgiving.

Now that is scary!


Ben O.

10 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

What took all the scariness away, you ask? That chirp you made about the movie that isn't... "The Blog That Ate A Kitten" ???!
LOL!!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I thought that was funny - She accidentally typed it that way and it made the perfect title for a low-budget, somewhat less than scary movie.

Don't agree?

Ben O.

12:50 PM  
Blogger KayseaLove said...

Thanks for reminding me I have to take down all the decorations in the office now.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Do agree, Ben, do agree. That was the funniest thing I heard all day - it was one of those spit-my-coffee-all-over-my-keyboard moments, hehe.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Ugh. That's how I feel after Christmas." Get this cheesy crud out of my house!" The day after Christmas is the day my Christmas tree is officially annoying.

I sympathize with your "day after" gloom. You can start putting up Christmas lights to help with your misery.

I kid.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

don't forget to watch The Office tonight!
NBC
9:30 or 8:30 depending on where you at, bro.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Oops . . . totally missed it. We went to see the author Nicholas Sparks talk and sign books.

I am still an un-initiated Office watcher. I'll look for it next time.

Ben O.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

10 pages a day (or week it sounds like) and she'll be finished sometime around 2009.

I read The Notebook and thought it was pretty good. My wife read it twice and balled her eyes out both times. His book signing event was 99% screaming women.

It is always interesting to meet authors and hear them speak, though.

Ben O.

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

The day after Halloween is probably the worst day of the year. It's such a downer, after a wonderful Halloween night and everything's back to normal. Not only that, summer's not only over, but you know it won't be coming back for awhile. November 1st just sucks. I wish I slept through it, but had to work. :(

8:14 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I spent Halloween in Mexico and there was no let down because they celebrate for THREE DAYS!!! All Saints Day and All Souls Day (Dia de Muertos) down there are huge! Kids tricked-and-treated for three straights days. And they wear traditional costumes - skeletons, witches, vampires. It was VERY COOL to be there.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home