I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, October 06, 2005

There Once Was A Man Named Blenis

Okay here's one for ya . . .

Why didn't the Execs over at NBC do us all a big favor and simply skip over all those years of "Friends" and just go straight to "Joey"?

(They can't do that Doofus! Haven't you ever heard of a spin-off?)

Now I admit to watching my fair share of "Friends", but (and I understand that I might be endangering those I love by saying this publicly) I think "Joey" might actually be better. And do you want to know what the strangest part is? Joey wasn't even my favorite character on the afore mentioned show "Friends". Any lazy-eyed casual reader of the blog could more-than-likely guess who was my guy back in the day.

Let it be known that we here at Procrastination Station are certainly guilty of participating in the occasional rant. And even though I'll vehemently take the 5th (& the 6th, 7th and 8th for that matter) if I'm ever forced to testify, I might as well let everyone out there in on a little secret - I own a television and the last time I turned it on, the airwaves were so full of crapola that they make the last functioning lavatory on an LA to Paris PanAm flight seem positively inviting.

But, I ain't gonna go there tonight. No sir. This post is all about dishin' out the kudos. Even Ringo gets to sing at least one song per album. Right?

So, let's get this TV Show Love-Fest started already. I mentioned "Joey". We don't really watch too many pure sitcoms (for good reason), but in my humble opinion this one keeps getting better and better. I especially love Joey's agent - she has to be the perfect mix of bizarre ambiguous sexiness and unintentional humor with just a little drunken, oozing creepiness thrown in to top it all off. And, for my money . . . I think the story is actually interesting.

How's this for a future episode? Chandler comes out to California (say it like Gov. Arnold, it's so much more fun) to visit Joey and while he is there he watches Joey filming a TV show spin-off episode where a character from the original show is making a guest appearance on the new show. Chandler cracks a bunch of jokes about how stupid it is when the studios resort to bringing the old character back.

And now for some reality. Gotta check out "Miami Ink" and "Mythbusters". If they sold 50/50 cotton-blend T-Shirts that said "Go Yoji!" on them, I'd be front and center. Better yet to just get it tattooed on your left buttock . . . right beside the Lambda Lambda Lambda Fraternal Crest. This poor guy is so easy to get behind - Truman Capote couldn't write a more unlikely hero than the newly-married, recently-made-father, ever-suffering body-ink apprentice, Yoji. The only thing cooler than watching some dude get a topographical map of Alabama tattooed on his stomach is watching two guys trying to prove that a dump-truck full of peanut butter can (and in-fact will) fly farther than 375 feet . . . if you have a large-enough catapult. Hide the pickles and the ball-peen hammer Grandma, because these guys are for real.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that I sat next to one (or both) of the Mythbusters in my 11th Grade Science Class. I never would have thought that a tuning fork could, when properly motivated, actually shatter a 3-foot thick block of solid cement. Now I know.

Okay - enough of this touchy-feely stuff. I feel like having a sloppy-joe.


Ben O.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you're up too. I'll have to tape Joey--I'm working most Thursdays. So, it's been getting good, huh? The agent character is always so great when she shows up in movies too. She transforms like few women actresses do. I'll check it out. Oh, your storyline is really good too.

So, you watched Conan too? I was loving it tonight. The guys were too cool. Conan outside with the people was hilarious--I really love him. I guess I'm loving the Irish! :) heehee I'm half so you can't blame me. :)

Take care.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys Joey. Must admit that the children love to watch Mythbusters, but we don't get the other show here. The dummy is their favorite!! Poor thing gets shot, dropped, shocked and who knows what else.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I do like "Mythbusters", but not "Joey" and definitely not "Miami Ink". I didn't like "Friends" either though. I was waiting for it to end. Does this make me bad?

Good TV for me is something just out there. Like "Twin Peaks", which was gone long ago. =)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Duh - Twin Peaks is the all time greatest TV show of all time. Does that make sense?

Lynch was such a small screen genius. The DVDs still hold up today.

Ben O.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I already gave love to mythbusters on some other post of yours. I haven't seen Joey. I'm not a big Matt Le Blanc fan--I'm not even a little one.
You have to watch The Office. I think you'd dig it's sense of humor. Do you like mocumentry-style stuff?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

My husband likes Myth Busters and that tatoo show. I'll watch if not much else in on. I have to admit, I haven't tuned into Joey... My TV platter is just way too full. On Mondays I have to watch Prison Break, Tuesdays House, Wednesdays LOST - and those are only the "must see" shows... there are tons I like to watch but don't always get to.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Is "The Office" anything like Dilbert or that movie "Office Space"?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

It's sorta like Office Space and yeah--I guess it's sorta like Dilbert.
It's just so realistic. The boss is so full of himself, there's an office romance, there are feuds between co-workers...
...it's all around hilarious. Please watch!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I had trouble getting into Joey. Maybe it's gotten better? Perhaps I'll give it another shot.

3:18 PM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Now I know why I was always so edgy when my sinus doctor would hold a tuning fork near my head. I mean it, he really did this.

6:03 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

I never really watched Friends, but you've got me interested in Joey — I might give it a try.

1:37 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I couldn't stomach Friends. It was one of those things where I don't think you're allowed to like both Friends and Seinfeld. It's an unwritten law. I love Seinfeld. Thought it was hilarious. But saw one episode of Friends and hated it.

It was the one where Jennifer Aniston was taking forever to get ready and that David Schwimmer guy told her to hurry up. Then she got in a bad mood and he offered to drink the fat. That was so dumb.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home