I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Slacking 101


Okay, here's one for ya . . .

Why the freakin' heck won't this dude write another post for his slightly-unlame blog already?

Calm down people - I have to admit that I caught a little bit of the dreaded iPod fever and was temporarily unable to do anything but make that spastic little circular motion with my thumb . . . and drool uncontrollably.

My hair hurts.

Now, on to the material at hand. Here in beautiful Colorado, the first ski resort to open will begin operating the lifts on Friday. I understand that they'll probably only have one or two runs open, but can anyone out there honestly look me in the eye (through the computer screen of course) and say that you would rather be anywhere but up here hitting the slopes? I humbly submit that you cannot (and should not, for that matter). I live within one short hour of Loveland Ski Area and I already know that I'm going to shedding a few tears because I won't be up there shredding the fresh powder.

(Like how I used "shedding"/"shredding" in one sentence? Pretty cute, huh?)

For my money, you just can't beat a nice day of skiing at one of Colorado's many wonderful World-Class Resorts. I just love waiting in a line longer than you find at the DMV on buy-one-get-one-free day, freezing my nemos off riding the lift all the way up the mountain and then careening like a frozen pinball back and forth off of the 35 knuckledraggers that thought they were supposed to stop within 4 feet of the ski-lift deposit area and have a "how cool am I?" convention. Is it still illegal to shoot snowboarders with a crossbow in the lower 48? I'm just askin'.

Seriously . . . the temperatures are nose-diving, the snow is starting to accumulate and before you can say "buffoonery" 3 times, the best part of the year in the Rocky Mountains is gonna be going on - full throttle.

Wax 'em up and catch the next flight.


Ben O.

16 Comments:

Blogger KayseaLove said...

YAY! I am the first to post. (only if I hurry up and click send) I ♥ Loveland!!
That is all.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

An Ipod, skiing, what are you independently wealthy :) Perhaps in Colorado skiing is inexpensive but in Ohio a day of skiing costs about 250 dollars. To rich for my blood.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

A combo I don't like at all: Cold and Wet. I avoid all activities that involve snow and falling down in it. I don't snowboard, ski, tube, or build people out of snowballs.
I know, I know...how much fun can I actually have? I'd rather stay in the lodge with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate and extra whipped cream, than you very much.
Have fun though! (whenever you get to try out the new slopes)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I come from a ski-town in BC and only ever downhill skied twice in my life, when I was 9. I don't see the draw personally, and the risk of injury isn't worth it to me. I cross countried for a while but, like Sadie Lou, I hate snow and being cold and would much rather sit inside in warmth with a good book.

3:51 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

Snow is pretty to look at, but I don't want to get out in it. I'll be in the lodge with sadie and coyote.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Okay - that's it . . . I want everyone out on the snow if 5 minutes!

Stay in the lodge? Are you people insane?

Kay - are you from Colorado?

Nonny - I didn't know you could ski in Ohio. Does it cost so much because you are flying to Whistler everytime you go skiing? I'm just askin'

Sadie - I like hot cocoa just like the next guy, but getting out in the cold is the best.

Coyote - where in BC?

Arkie - don't follow the pack, you have to get those boots on and get out there.

Ben O.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

That's why I love sunny, warm South Africa. If you want to ski here, you have to travel quite far to get to the mountains and yes, we do have snow here. Wouldn't mind experiencing snow though, have never had the opportunity.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ben, check it out

On The Snow

5:50 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Sadie Lou said exactly what I was going to say! I went skiing once in my life and I determined that there was yet another sport at which I was going to suck. It was also 40 below zero. I now have a chill just thinking about it.

7:20 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Not a skier am I. Too many pointy things and a slippery slope. No thanks.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

*laughing*
Looks like your blog buddies are a bunch of girls that would rather play Scabble in the lodge by the fire than out on the slopes freezing our buns off. Poor Ben.

8:13 AM  
Blogger KayseaLove said...

I vacationed in Loveland & was going to move with my boyfriend to Denver so he could go to Westwood Aviation, while I went to school for Networking.
But... We broke up so I switched schools and now I am a triple major.

We broke up because I am ambitious and he is a loser. I want to be able to afford the finer things in life like Ben-O (iPods & Skiing) He wanted someone to take care of him, feed him, do his laundry, pay his bills, etc... while he slacked off on the couch or something.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Buddess - S. Africa sounds great - never been.

Nonny - that is not skiing. 200 ft vertical does not a ski run make. That's like spraying down the roof and letting it freeze over. Come up here to the Rockies and see for yourself if I'm not full of hot air.

Kathleen - 40 below is a tad cold, but you should give it another try. You all should.


Nypinta - you should snowboard - much less pointy thingies going on there.


Sadie - I think you're right. Where are all the dudes? I thought this was an equal opportunity blog. I don't want to be accused of sexual discrimination or anything like that.

Kay - Ipods and Skiing . . . now that's the life. Sorry it didn't work out with Sir Bums-a-lot. Looks like you have rebounded nicely, though. Good luck juggling three majors.

Ben O.

10:49 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

I am all about the skiing and snowboarding. I haven't gotten to go to CO yet, but it's on my list. Skiing takes less work, so I prefer it, but I would like to hone the ole snowboarding abilities. At this point, I spend more time face or butt first in the snow.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Trin - nice to hear from ya - doing okay?

I need to learn to snowboard instead of just complaining as I trip over yet another knuckledragger when I get off of the lift.

Ben O.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Hey James - nice to hear from you.

Did you get white or black? It is so cool, I only wish it wasn't so easy to scratch. Still amazingly powerful little piece of technology.

Canada rocks - great, great skiing.

Ben O.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home