I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The First Annual Procrastination Station Lurker Appreciation Day

Okay people, today I thought we would try something a little bit different . . .

I happen to know that there are at least a handful of people out there who log on to the Station each day, spend a little time, get their fix and then quickly scurry away to some other site . . . without leaving so much as whiff of perfume to indicate their having been here. I believe said people are commonly known as "lurkers".

Let me be the first to say that every single person is welcome here regardless of what you feel your comfortable contribution level may in fact be. But, if you happen to fall into the afore-mentioned "look, but don't touch" category, then today is your day to shine.

I am hereby officially designating today as the "First Annual Procrastination Station Lurker Appreciation Day". (Please excuse our pomp and circumstance, but this is important stuff we are dealing with here.)

Now . . . the details are as follows -

- If you happen to find yourself reading this, please leave a comment. This request is only for today. I simply want to give everyone out there the chance to say "Hello" without having to feel any added pressure whatsoever. We are celebrating you and want to let you know about it.

- Please leave a comment, it can totally be anonymous and all you need to say is hello or something similar (or whatever you want).

- Regular commenters are welcome to participate as well. I am hoping to generate an insane amount of that "warm & fuzzy, blog's are great" kinda feeling out there.

I can't really think of anything else to say (I know it has been an incredibly "wit & humor-free" zone tonight), except that it has been great knowing you all are out there and I really look forward to a little contact with ya . . . if only for one day.

This should be fun.


Ben O.

14 Comments:

Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Firsties!







P.S.
My blog has lurkers too. I even know who they are...

8:28 PM  
Blogger anne said...

hola. there are lurkers on something, on nothing has ever made them leave a comment, not even the promise of money... I'll never understand people.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hello Ben-O!! Dang you caught me lurking! :)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hi Ben O.

I have no clue if I have lurkers, because I'm too computer unsavvy to know how to check such things. How pathetic.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Crissy T. said...

de-lurking to say HELLO from Detroit! and leave a whiff of perfume. I usually don't comment, as I usually don't have anything relevent to say....

9:03 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Ok Ok I am lurking again! :)

My word verification is-fadel
My name starts with an l does it mean you want me to fade away silently in the night?? LOL :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Aw it's all warm & fuzzy here today - blogs are great, aren't they?
tee hee!

{wafts away leaving a trace of Chanel No 5 in the air...}

11:33 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

I'm here! Hooooowwwwdddyyy hhhoooo!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

You're all awesome and the reason that Lurker Appreciation Day has been such a rousing success.

Keep coming back and do OR don't comment . . . whatever you feel like.

Ben O.

9:08 PM  
Blogger flea said...

hi, hello, allo, ola, howdy partner!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

there's that flea! Hi flea!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

hi.

:) sizz

9:43 AM  
Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Hi Ben. Um...how are you. I wasn't really lurking, I was just um...dammit.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Bosbefok said...

It be me !! I am the officially designated lurker. There has to be one and it changes every year so my reign is nearly over. Oh yes , and Im too lazy to post plenty blogs on my own site so its kinda full of cobwebs....

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home