I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, December 14, 2007

Feedback Friday (#71)


Okay people, here's one for ya . . .

Wouldn't it be great if there was a giant tape recorder (anyone under 23 please utilize Google to learn what a "tape recorder" is)out there for each one of us just whizzing away while we go about our daily lives? Then whenever we say or do something totally awesome (which, of course, we do all the dang time) we could just plop ourselves down on the couch with an extra-size bag of Doritos and enjoy the playback.

No takers?

Oh well.

It does give me an idea for our weekly (or bi-weekly . . . or semi-per-annually) feedback session we like to call "Feedback Friday".

This week we here at company headquarters want to know about the goofiest, funniest, strangest thing you have ever said (or heard said by someone else) to a child.

Now pay attention 'cause the gray area gets a bit muddier right about now -

This isn't "Kid's say the Dang-darned-est Things" ala Bill Cosby. We all know that little girls and boys can say some really funny-cool things. I'm all about that, but not today. (Incidentally, if you want to read a PS post about something funny I overheard a kid say - check this out).

Today we want to hear about the bizarre words you have discovered leaving your mouth in response to something your child has done.

I'm gonna go ahead and get the party started this week with a pretty decent lil' gem I muttered less than 24 hours ago in what could pretty safely be described as the only logical and natural response (once you hear the statement) to something my beautiful lil' boy was doing at the time -

"Son, please stop licking the dishwasher."

You get the picture -

Ben O.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Sarjent said...

thanks for your comments on my writing blog!!
The I think the funniest thing that kids do is to stare. I'm travelling in Japan at the moment, and the kids here just stare at the wierd western people all the time, then poke their mums and ask very loudly something I can't understand, but is probably something like 'why is that girl all red mummy?' I love it that kids have no embarrasment factor - it's great! SJ

8:21 PM  
Blogger geenalyn said...

"do not fart on your sister's head"

"get the diaper off your head"

"we do not pick our sibling's noses"

i could go on and on...with four kids i'm saying things i never thought i would say before almost daily

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home