I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What the Heck is Going on Here!?!

Okay, here's one for ya . . .

So, we finally got back from our big Birthday Bash-o-rama. Yep, the reason that day was so special was that it was our 2 year blog-birthday. The celebration, as was to be expected, spontaneously spilled over into the next month and before long, a few of the less-than-dependable employees here at The Station took to calling in sick so they could continue to enjoy $0.25 drinks and free buffalo wings down at O'Herlihy's Bar. I believe they were using the term "walkabout", in a pitiful attempt at couching their exploits in something a tad bit more glamorous ala Crocodile Dundee. The saddest part is that we've had to let Spivey go and as of this morning, nobody has heard anything from Evil Twin Biff or the intern.

The Vancouverville police have subsequently advised us that we really can't file an official missing persons report until the next of kin are able to prove that they have actually been missing for at least 23 consecutive days. I believe the rule was enacted in response to Biff's last run in with law enforcement. You may remember the whole "Storming the Mutual of Omaha Building and taking no prisoners" incident.

No?

Consider yourself lucky.

So, on a lighter note the Management here at Procrastination Station would like to extend our most heartfelt and sincere apologies to those loyal readers out there who rely upon our outlet for their regular dose of wit, humor and/or entertainment. You three are the ones that really matter and it's simply wrong to have let you down lo these past few weeks.

With any luck, we'll see the intern come stumbling in through those big, gold plated doors any minute now and we can get this machine oiled up and back to running smoothly once again.


Thanks for the patience . . .


Ben O.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Crashdummie said...

congrats! hope this blog will haev many more years to go.

cheers!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Tequila Mockingbird said...

sounds like you shouldve worn snake skin boots to this bar.

i've found dressing up in ohhh say a pirate eye patch when going out to a bar makes the night more spectacular.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

25 cent drinks. Man, those were the days!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

25 cent drinks? Why did you come back?! ;)

10:26 AM  
Blogger B said...

25 cents for a drink!! were you in heaven???

and I see you are reading life of pi - I loved that book and I believe Richard Parker does exist! ( the kid in me does anyway)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Actually, it's all a blur.

Has anyone seen or heard from Evil Twin Biff?

Ben O.

6:53 AM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Wait, I'm still hung up on the 25 cent drink thing. I'm apparently an evil twin although I am an only child and I don't think my name is Biff. But after enough of those drinks I'm sure I'd respond to anything.

12:56 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Isn't it a BUGGER when life gets in the way of blogging?

Unfortunately, I don't have a drunken staff to blame for my silences. ;)

Next time don't give Biff access to the petty cash fund.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

Congrats on the 2 year anniversary!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Congratas on you blogiversary.

What did you mean on my blog about exposing the truth? I know it was wise ass, but how?

5:31 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I was simply agreeing with you about how the real key to sewing is the machine . . . not the sewer.

Seemed logical to me - Ben O.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow, two years already? I remember when you started. Doesn't feel like two years.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Kathleen, you've been coming here and leaving your wonderful comments for awhile now, huh . .

Thanks so much for all the support.

Ben O.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home