I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

No Purchase Necessary

$100 for the first person who can correctly tell me why last Thursday was so freakin' special.


The Management


(Legal Disclaimer - Contest open to any and all living citizens of Planet Earth. You must be at least 79 years of age and have visited all 7 continents (including Antarctica) to collect prize money. No persons named Rappaport, Slinkheimer and/or Kkhrstykn allowed (This goes back to that "Freshman Water Balloon incident".) Upon verification of correct answer, the winner will be paraded across America and Iceland on a whirlwind ribbon cutting tour, taught to ride a burro and bare-hand spanked in the traditional Dakotian manner befitting all worthy prize winners. The money will be paid in lump sum installments to be distributed each and every leap year. Said money is not real money, of course, but pretend money similar in size, appearance and general heft to the multicolored faux money that is included in the standard issue Monopoly board game.)


Good Luck!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm going with one of two ideas.

1) Baby's 1st b-day, but it doesn't seem long enough.
2) Blog anniversary?

8:59 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Not a clue, nothing special about the fact that I came up with yet another excuse not to clean the bathroom.

Thanks for coming by my blog! Cool to have a comment from someone here in CO. Don't know if you've been back to my blog, but with the exception of today, the last few posts are about running up Pikes Peak and a couple of cool videos. I like your 14'er icon! I'm at 5, but my husband's at 27.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Oh I was going to comment on your Life of Pi too - does that mean you're currently reading it? I was but I couldn't get into it and had to give up. Really disappointing since it'd been on my must read list for quite sometime and I finally got a chance to read it.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

LOL you are too funny.
1. Blog-aversary
2. Gen Con : )

Ps: Life of Pi was great until the end. The ending just pissed me off.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Dude, I haven't gotten to the ending.

I have only been reading it for about seven years now. It seems like it.

Ben O.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thursday? Lots of hot chicks doing HNTs!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I finished Life of Pi but I have to say that I didn't actually like it. A friend gave it to me for Christmas saying it was the most amazing book, would reaffirm my faith in God, etc. Eh, not so much, actually.

When are you going to tell us what that Thursday was?

6:04 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I liked Life of Pi until the very end. Then I hated it. If you skip that one part, it is an amazing story.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Last thursday (the one mentioned in your post, not actual last Thursday because of course, I'm late, so they're totally not the same thing) was your wedding anniversary? Birthday?
I dunno, the suspense is killing me.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Wait for it . . .


Wait for it . . .

Ben O.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I don't qualify, but if I did win, woudl I also get a giant red plastic hotel to live in.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home