I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, December 14, 2006

2nd Annual Lurker Appreciation Day

Guess what today is . . .

No, it's not "Shave the Yak Day".

No, it's not "Pet Your Local Lunchlady Day".

And, no . . . it's most certainly not "Rubber Hose Beatdown Day". That was last Tuesday.

Heck no!

It's The 2nd Annual Lurker Appreciation Day!

Don't believe me? Check this out.

Now, you're all saying to yourselves "Okay, it's Lurker Appreciation Day. Big freakin' whooptie do. So what does that mean in the Real World?"

Well, I'm about to tell you.

This is the one day a year when we pay homage to all those people who read the blog but never leave any comments. And the best part is that we do it "Procrastination Station Style".

So, here's what we're gonna do . . .

Everyone who is reading this (if you have ever left a comment or not - and especially if you haven't), leave a comment with the word "Bullwinkle" in it.

It's that simple - no wit involved. No need to fashion the perfect statement that embodies all that you believe in and hope for. Nothing so involved.

Just one word.

And a good word at that. When was the last time someone asked you to say the word "Bullwinkle" anyway? It's fun . . . try it.

I look forward to paying my deepest and most sincere respects to each and every Lurker out there.

Today is your day.

Make the most out of it.


Ben O.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First visit today.. i guess I'm not a lurker but i'm going to say it anyway....

BULLWINKLE!!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

And I great big Bullwinkle right back at ya . . .

Ben O.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Darn, I missed it!! I wish I had known, I would have stopped watching Bullwinkle and wth was that squirrel's name? cavorting and commented asap. Who doesn't love Boris and Natasha? Squeaky? No, Winky? No, something tha ends in "y"...Tell me before my head explodes trying to remember... Rascal?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Good idea, Ben!

If I say "Bullwinkle" three times, will a rabbit come out of a hat or something?

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I lurk sometimes. I comment sometimes. I guess I'm a tweener.

Since I attended Whatsamatta U. in Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, I know Bullwinkle quite well.

If Karen was serious - it's Rocky, full name Rocket J. Squirrel.

BULLWINKLE!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home