I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, December 01, 2006

Feedback Friday (#51)

Okay people, here's one for ya . . .

It's Friday and December has managed to sneak it's way in the front door. I say bring it on - snow can be a good thing. And hey, Christmas isn't all that far away now (Current marketing campaigns across America would have you believe that there are only a handful of minutes remaining to shop this year.)

Unfortunately, we here at Procrastination Station have some bad news to deliver - due to budgetary (and sanitary) concerns, we have had to let go of Milo Sturnwalter, the late-night intern.

(We had an intern!?!)

Now I know this may cause some loyal readers to question what, if anything, there is left to live for. Take a deep breath. First of all, let me be the first to assure everyone that this will in no way affect the quality of content presented on this blog. In fact, as a reader, you shouldn't notice any lapses in material at all. You can still count on a full calendar of daily ramblings as well as a whole host of fun and exciting scheduled events (that will still actually happen two to three days after they were advertised.)

Not to worry . . . we didn't make it all the way to this comfortable level of mediocrity simply by falling asleep at the wheel and leaving those who matter most hanging out to dry.

Heck no!

So on that note, let's get down to the matter at hand . . .

It's "Feedback Friday" after all, and I think we have a pretty nifty question this week.

What is your LEAST favorite Christmas song?

That's it . . . that's the assignment.

Tell us all about that song that just makes you want to buy a ball peen hammer and start smashing the windows out of every car in the mall parking lot every time you hear it.

And, for your information, this doesn't necessarily have to be a song sung by scarf-clad chipmunks or holly flashing weasels either. There are plenty of perfectly crappy Christmas songs out there performed by otherwise legitimate (or somewhat-less-than-legitimate) human artists.

This should be a particularly fun one . . .


Ben O.

BTW - There's a nice lil' chain of really funny captions going down for this week's Super Fantastic Caption Contest. If you haven't jumped in yet, surf on down and leave a comment.

7 Comments:

Blogger Glenn said...

Jingle Bells. The most annoying by far.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Dude, I just have 3 words for ya . . .

The Lil' St. Nick

(Or is that 4 words?)

The Beach Boys, God love 'em, cannot write a Christmas song. It is beyond horrible. Some guy even gets the hiccups in the middle of the song and then it just spirals down into oblivion from there.

Love the Beach Boys, hate the song.

Ben O.

11:51 AM  
Blogger flea said...

grandma got run over by a reindeer, i cannot stand this song

6:27 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

That was popular for awhile, but I never seem to hear it anymore . . . thankfully.

Ben O.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Just thinking about it makes me want to hurl. I hate that song more than you can imagine. Although any song that came out after I was a child is suspect in my book. I only like the classics, you know songs by Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, etc.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Kathleen, gotcha. The classics . . . like Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera and The Cheetah Girls, right?

Ben O.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Ben O - My sister has the Mariah Carey Christmas album. When I'm forced to go to her house for Cookie Day (a day I despise), I make sure I take all of my Christmas CDs so that I don't have to suffer through it or Karen Newman (The Detroit Red Wings anthem singer whom I despise).

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home