I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Lament

Oh, let this un-creepy weight be soonely lifted so far away from me,
Once scary decorations and sad lil' un-lit pumpkins scattered everywhere,
The droopy, forgotten leftovers of All Hallows' Eve are all that I can see,
And soon the stockings will need to be dug-out and hung with care.

The dog-days of Fall are once again squarely upon us,
Chaotickly calling from behind far-off reinforced shopping mall walls,
Frenzied displays containing every holiday hero in surplus,
Santa in his rosy red finest snuggles curiously with Tom Turkey in overalls.



The days immediately following Halloween are truly the lamest of days,
What was previously stalking around curdling blood and candying corn,
Is currently curled up in the corner avoiding having to learn new ways,
Scurrying lil' spiders disappear and witches brooming frantically away forlorn.

So, here's to the final howls of the wolfmen lingering out amongst the mist,
Zombie-boy and the 39-eyed Alien have certainly scared their last lil' kid for the year,
It's time for ornaments and giblet gravy and the checking twice of lists,
Linus & Lucy van Pelt, get that spindly lil' tree ready . . . Halloween's over again and now we have no fear.


Ben O.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

Lo and behold,
As Ben is young and I old,
He is a poet,
And I at a loss, didn't know it.

Good post, Ben.

6:21 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Impressive! She says, pensive.
Yes, that's as far as I go. ;)

1:10 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Inspired by decay, are ya?
Nicely written.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Hey Ladies! (Said in my best Jerry Lewis) . . . and Hale -

Thanks for the props - I can open up a can of poetics with the best of them when I feel the muse.

Isn't it fun having your own blog where you can say whatever the heckola you feel like?

Thanks Al, for inventing the internet. It rocks!

Ben O.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm 100% with your comment - hats off to Al! Have a groovy weekend. (us cool dudes all say groovy.)

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well done, my clever poetic son!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home