I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Monday, October 09, 2006

Feedback Monday (#45)

Okay, here's one for ya . . .

In honor of the coolest holiday of the year, the head-honchos here at PS Headquarters have made the radical decision to ask only Halloween-themed questions for the entire month.

This being the first Feedback session in October, the scariness level might not seem to terribly horrifying just yet. Probably somewhere between "Charlie Brown's The Great Pumpkin" and those pictures of you and your frat brothers at that "Initiation Ceremony" that have been circulating around the Internet for the past 7 years . . . creepy and worthy of a good case of the jitters, but not quite "Jason with an axe on the prowl" scary.

So without further additional nonsense . . . let's get right to it.

What was the best costume you ever wore?

That's it - that's the assignment.

We want to know all about the time you covered yourself in tinfoil and went as Sputnik or maybe your best trick or treats memory is of that time you and your two best friends went as the Three Stooges (and coincidentally didn't need much of anything in the way of costumes to make it believable.), or it might even be that time you spilt some ketchup on your shirt just before answering the door and scared all the trick or treating neighbor kids out of their minds without even realizing what they heck was going on.

This should be fun . . .


Ben O.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm incredibly lame when it comes to costumes (no imagination), but I've had some decent costumes over the years - not earth-shattering, but brilliant for me.

Pink elephant (when I weighed a 103 lbs, so I was a pretty skinny elephant) and my favorite ever - Rabid Race Fan - I wore my racing patch covered jeans, racing T-shirt, Andretti Racing (before Michael became a schmuck and went to the IRL for the Honda money) jacket, ticket holder and two stopwatches around my neck, and racing baseball cap. Best part was that it was FREEZING that Halloween and I was the only sensible woman there. The rest were standing around freezing in their skimpy outfits.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Sounds good . . . I can smell the exhaust fumes now.

Those skimpy outfits can be nice, unless it's cold outside and then you have to factor that in to the costume preparation. Like dressing as Sasquatch or a Spaceman. Totally covered and completely warm.

Ben O.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most of my childhood costumes consisted of throwing a bandana over my head, wearing an eye-patch, and being called a pirate. That being the case, I gave up on costumes as quickly as possible, with the possible exception of that silly foot-tall hat I wore to football games in high school (back me up here, ben o.)

The only other costume I "remember" (I use quotes because I really don't remember it, but I've never lived it down) is being dressed up as a dragon with balloons all over me as a 2-year old for a Christmas party. All was fine and dandy until I (a wall-flower even at that age) backed into a corner populated by the Christmas tree...

Sorry, I really should lie down on a sofa before unloading any more of my childhood traumas!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Thanks Rollin, the charge for today's session will be $200.00

I can certainly back you up on the silly hat thing. It was sort of nice being able to stash things up in there, however . . . like sheets of music and chapstick and ping pong tables.

Ben O.

6:19 AM  
Blogger mcBlogger said...

A shark. There was a triangular pillow on my head to hold it up high. arms were fins, had a fin in the back, and I looked through the open mouth that was surrounded by teeth. Was fantastic! Second best was Queen Elizabeth. Complete with tall white wig, and bustle.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

For Halloween?

Eric Draven probably.

Optimus Prime was my bestest costume though. A friend built it in his garage. It was a work of cardboard genius.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 6th grade, my mom made me an awesome chocolate chip cookie costume with a hula hoop. It's my all time favorite. :) Sister-in-law DO

7:23 AM  
Blogger flea said...

i've always wanted to rent a costume but sadly my costumes thus far have all been made at home. my best ever would've had to have been my corpse bride, where i wore my mom's wedding dress (she had spilled meatloaf all over the front of it), veil and all or when i went as a gypsy once that costume was cool too

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I was a robot in the 6th grade. It was a spray painted cardboard box and had real working lights. I had some weird duct tubing for arms and my face was silver. I even wore a wig made out of this thick tinsel-stuff. I rule.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, Ben, when I started to read the post, I thought you were talking about Columbus Day (since it was in fact Columbus Day when it was posted) and was trying to figure out how that rated as the coolest holiday of the year. Not that I have anything against Ohio...

2:22 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Rollin, you should see the way those Ohio-ans dress up in strange, primarilly tin-foil costumes on that special day.

You would be amazed . . . and just think that it was all started by the Irish Potato Famine.

Boggles the mind - Ben O.

:)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Glenn said...

Flasher was the most fun.

Hat, Long trench, pants cut and tied just above the knees, bikini briefs and a sign around my waist that read "censored."

I went to school like that and told all the teachers I was Dick Tracy. It was a blast flashing all my friends until a teacher saw me. They didn't think it was funny for some reason.

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home