I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Chevy Novas For Everyone!

Okay people, here's one for ya . . .

Wasn't it George Orwell or Jules Verne or Bill Gates who said that we would all be flying around ala The Jetsons in the sleekest, most fuel efficient super-vehicles this side of Epcot Center by now?

Is this not the Twenty-First Century?

So, what the heck happened on the way to the future? I want my own Imperial Stardestroyer already . . . and I want it in an eye-pleasing shade of Candy-Apple Red, please.

Seriously, if you pop in to any suburban shopping mall in the country you're likely to get zapped from all the excess iPod battery power flying around the Cinnabon-infested ether. I can't even count the number of times I've said to myself, "Can't the same company that so easily provides us with endless musical enjoyment also figure out a way to manufacture a car battery that runs on left over potato-chip grease and dryer lint?" I think they can . . . and should.

Here's what I propose - we break in during the night and snag a couple of those pasty-white, cave-dwelling product research junkies out at the main campus in San Francisco . . . and before they even know what hit 'em, they're chained to the wall down in the sub-basement here at PS headquarters.

No snacks until we see something really exciting from you two on this whole "energy efficient automobile" problem.

Who knows . . . we could have iCars by Christmas.


Ben O.

BTW - If you haven't commented yet on this week's Super Fantastic Caption Contest, scroll down a tad and try not to fall out of your chair.

6 Comments:

Blogger fakies said...

I'll take Will Smith's car from I, Robot. Thank you.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Hey Trin, been awhile.

Since you asked, I want one of those speeders from the forest moon of Endor in Return of the Jedi and I also want a hover-board from Back to the Future part II.

Ben O.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm scared of flying cars - not of the cars themselves, but considering how badly people drive their cars on the ground, I'm afraid of what they'd managed to do in the air while putting on their make-up, brushing their teeth, talking on the phone and changing the radio station. I shudder to think.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I'm still waiting for that tread mill Astro (er Rastro) uses when he goes for a walk.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

And now that I think about it . . . where are the flying cars (sorry Kathleen) that fold up into briefcases when you land at work?

Hello!?! Anyone?

Ben O.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Glenn said...

Flying cars are called planes. You can build your own for aroud 30K or buy one new for 80K. There is a new FAA rule that makes getting a pilots license easier and cheaper. It's called the Sport Pilot rule. It allows you to fly a two seat plane with limited speed and range.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home