I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, August 31, 2006

You Are Now Free To Move About The Compartment

Okay, here's one for ya . . .

Raise your hand if you've seen the wonderfully entertaining new film offering out now that has been taking the nation by storm - "Snakes on a Plane".

I said hand . . . not finger.

Now I'm no expert, but doesn't this seem like a pretty cut-and-dry case of bad timing? Sure, snakes are scary. That's well documented. And if you throw a couple of snakes into the already way-too-cramped cabin of a commercial airplane you're more than likely going to elicit some screams. I'll grant you that. But, and here's where I see the timing factor being an issue, imagine the opening weekend your flick would have garnered if you had just named it "Gatorade and an iPod on a Plane".

I'm scared just thinking about it.

And you could have avoided spending $478 million.

For my money, you just can't beat a good "Creepy-wild-animal-set-loose-in-a-closed-environment-at-35,000 feet" Thriller starring Mace Windu and the entire special effects night-class department at DeVry's Northern Iowa campus. In fact, I should actually be on eBay right now trying to score a larger (and more stylish) TV stand/DVD rack to house my ever growing collection of "Mid-Air High-Jinks" movies, but I think I'm still on probation after that whole "Faulty Antique Toilet Seat" incident.

Hey, I confess . . . I have a soft spot for pretty things (that have been around over 100 years) in the bathroom.

What are ya gonna do?


Ben O.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Haven't seen the movie but yep, sounds like bad timing.
If you want to see something interesting, go look at my blog - I left something there for u :)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Okay, everybody . . . this is really cool.

Go to Terri's Blog and check out what she got me on her recent Awesome European Trip.

Thanks Terri . . .

Ben O.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home