I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Feedback Friday (#39)

Yowza!

Where did this week go?

Friday is here again and I haven't even spanked the neighbor's camel (don't ask). The awful truth is that there's only one reason any of you would possibly venture this deep into the enchanted forest of blogorial crapola on a perfectly good Friday, and that is to compete in the "Uncle Fester Memorial Fried JalapeƱo & Sardine Swallowing Contest".

What's that? Month-long bouts of nuclear heartburn not your thing?

Okay, then . . . how's about some feedback?

This week we're gonna do a lil' resting in peace. Sound good? Well, there's a twist. I want to know what you would like engraved upon your tombstone when the time comes.

Think this one through . . . you can't erase chiseled granite, dude.

It should be interesting to see the possible future epitaphs floating around out there.

I know I'm interested . . .


Ben O.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Post!

No, really, that's what I want on my tombstone...

Seriously, I'd love to have people say of me what God said of David, "a man after [God's] own heart", but I fall short of that daily.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

As I have to decided to be cremated and my ashes scattered from the top of the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan (outside Mexico City), I have no epitaph planned. My favorite epitaph is Ian Curtis' (leader singer and lyricist for Joy Division who killed himself on the eve of their first American tour): Love Will Tear Us Apart.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Here are a couple -

The mold has been broken

That was fun

The best is yet to come

Ben O.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife has plans to put this on my marker:

Finally!

8:57 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Tombstone? What tombstone?! I don't plan on dying!

(And that is probably what it'll say too. ;P )

9:19 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Ben!

Charles Bukowski's gravestone is a favourite of mine...It reads:

"Don't Try."

Take care out there, Ben!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

8:50 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Though I plan to be cremated, if I had a tombstone, it would say: I told you I was sick.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home