I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Okay, here's something for ya . . .

Exactly one year ago TODAY, this blog was born.

Now, I don't want to go around obnoxiously tooting my own horn and pompously proclaiming how the internet is a better place because we're in it and all, but . . . imagine, if you will, for a second, a world without the Procrastination Station. It's a vision far too terrible and way too horrific to even contemplate in jest.

Now I'm no expert, but the way I see it, the tangible ramifications of a PS-less universe would be as follows -

- Safer Intersections in most major metropolitan areas

- Cleaner Skating Rinks

- Fuller, thicker heads of hair on most local politicians

- A Cincinnati/Cleveland Superbowl

I know . . . I know. It's terrible, isn't it?

Where was I going with this, you ask . . .

The point is that exactly 366 days ago, the ride hadn't even begun. There weren't any endless rants to endure, Evil Twin Biff was still serving 3-to-5 in an undisclosed Iowa State Correctional Facility and Fridays were just another day. The soothingly beautifully sight of an official "Station-head" sticker on the rear bumper of your Dad's porsche was merely a distant flicker on a shimmering horizon.

I don't want to say that we couldn't have done it without you, but "we couldn't have done it without you".

If all you loyal readers out there had suddenly stopped coming by The Station after the first few weeks, it would've just been me sitting around in front of the computer talking to myself and writing it down. Not only is that patently creepy, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Florida and Oregon unless you obtain signed consent from the neighbors and make sure to turn the oven off first.

So thanks for continually checking us out and I hope to be worth reading for at least another year.


Ben O.

(Disclaimer - As we enter into our 2nd year of service, we here at Procrastination Station promise to use only the highest quality, sterile rubber hoses for all of our beatdowns.)

11 Comments:

Blogger mcBlogger said...

Congratulations on one full year, and happy birthday!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Congrats on your one year!

12:41 PM  
Blogger DelBoy said...

Congrats Ben. One year! Wow! Things can only get better from here!

Just kidding!

;-)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Thanks guys - it's been fun that's for sure.

Ben O.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year already. I remember your first post.

Congratulations!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ben!

1 year, I'll drink to that!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Happy Birthday and congratulations. I'm so pleased the audiozue contest didn't cripple our legendary blogging relationship.
*grin*

1:32 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Thanks so much, everyone.

Sadie - Legends never die . . . you should know that better than anyone.

Ben O.

BTW - I still haven't spent all of the iTunes card . . . I love seeing the credit up there when I log on.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

call me crazy but I'm really tempted to buy Christina's new cd, Back to Basics

That single, Ain't No Other Man is hot.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Congrats on a full year of Blogging. Curious that you picked that day to start.
...It'll make if easy for some of us to remember though ... it's the anniversary of Elvis' death.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Congrats! And YES! Cincinatti/Cleveland, what a NOVEL idea!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home