I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Best Goal Ever

Okay people,

I'm not the biggest Soccer (aka Football) fan on the planet. I like it, don't get me wrong. But, not living in a place where it is king, I naturally get lazy and watch the sports the US is good at.

No harm, no foul.

But, today I want to pay tribute to what has to be the coolest free-kick Soccer goal ever scored. Ronaldinho (Probably the best player in the world, if not as quite hunky as David Beckham.) sets up the defenders so they think he is going to kick hard and high. The best part is that when they jump up in reaction to what they think he is going to do, he has already beaten them, as the ball simply rolls innocently under their feet.

You have got to see this . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3EOpAgbsc

I told you it was cool.

Ben O.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that was rigged. Did you notice how only the two or three guys right where the ball went jumped? It was staged. Soccer is such a corrupt sport, I can't take it seriously...

*ducks*

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Oh right and the next thin you're gonna tell me is that Pro Wrestling isn't real either.

What is this world coming to?

Ben O.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hm, soccer not my fave sport at all. And David Beckham is a girl.
;)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

The part that made me laugh was that the video was apparently Asian, but the teams were Spanish & German - just shows we're the only ones who don't get it.

The initial view wasn't that impressive, but I liked the shot from the back where you could see the three guys jump and the ball roll under their feet.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Yep, I agree that Becks wouldn't last too long in a scrum.

I agree with the back view - it's the best of the three views. It sort of reminds me of that hole at the miniature golf course where you have to time it perfectly to get the ball to roll right under the little wall that goes up and down.

Ben O.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had heard about that goal, so thanks for the link, I had not seen it.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ben o!!! great goal, but probably not top ten for him. did you happen to see the shot by essien against arsenal last weekend. yikes!!! hope this finds you well, and if you are coming to dallas for christmas, let me know!
mike walker

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home