I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, January 06, 2006

Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em

Okay people, here's another one for ya . . .

Does anyone else have that dream where you're running frantically against the grain down one of those electric moving sidewalks at the airport in full-on scuba gear because you're already two days late for the tryouts for the part of Dr. Watson in the Puerto Rican production of "Sherlock Holmes meets the Creature of the Deep" . . . or is it just me?

That's good. I was beginning to think it might be something that I need to start worrying about. (as if that cup ain't runnething over already)

They say that alot can be learned from your dreams . . . at least it sure seems like every time you turn the TV on some guy with bullet-proof hair named Chip or Stone is gabbing away through impossible teeth about how interpreting one's dreams is the key to bountiful happiness and complete and total understanding of all that life has to offer. I guess it could certainly be true that on some level the ole' subconscious might be trying to sneak one in edgewise while we're asleep and the guard has been let down a little, but the last time I checked, dreaming about mowing that cool Mickey Mouse-shaped patch of grass at the entrance to Disneyland in your pink and baby-blue "Easter Bunny" pajamas while the soothing refrains of M.C. Hammer's "You Can't Touch This" play in the background does not mean that you need to clear up any unresolved issues with your mother from your pre-adolescent childhood. It almost certainly does, however, mean that you're a complete and total super-freak and should probably stay indoors when the temperature tops 85 degrees, just to be safe.

I had a point when I started . . . I'm almost sure of it.

Maybe it was this - dreams are cool and if you are having them it means that you are sleeping which, as everyone who has been alive since before MTV already knows all too well, is truly the key to happiness. A good night's sleep. Can't beat it with a stick.

Well, there it is. It ain't much of a point, but it'll have to do . . . I'm getting tired.


Ben O.

9 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

Sleeping, much more so than ignorance, is bliss, I agree.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Good point.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Anne - I agree with your agreeance (is that a word? Well, it is now.)

Terri - I thought the point was that I don't (and possibly never will) have a point. Yes?

Ben O.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Wow, you were quite prolific yesterday. I don't remember my dreams, haven't since before MTV. But I do love to sleep. What does that mean?

11:17 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I have a few dream dictionaries and they are all full of crap. But I get a giggle out of looking things up sometimes.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

My dreams are more vivid when I am stressed and what is a good night sleep? I haven't had one in a long time.

4:39 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

No, but this morning had the dumbest dream. I was asked to play semi-pro and the game started. My brother was already in the game, as the starting WR. I was going to join the game but I had to go pee really badly. So I stood on the sidelines debating with myself if I should find a bathroom first or jump in the game.

12:28 AM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Love this post, LOVE when I am dreaming a really good dream about some ex-boyfriend or unknown man and it's getting really hot and heavy and he's coming closer to me, getting ready to... AND THEN BAM! I WAKE UP. I hate not finishing a good dream.

Thanks for stopping by and posting on the Progressive story. I like where you've led it.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I so rarely remember my dreams that my subconscious is locked up tight!

Sleep is good.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home