I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, September 02, 2005

Feedback Friday (#2)

Okay - Here's one for ya . . .

Other than actually doing what the Boss-man wants you to do, what is the single best way to spend all those otherwise useless "day-time" hours we all have laying around?

I humbly submit that the only way to while away the time is totally and completely obvious . . . playing those cute little online video games. I bet we could power a small midwestern airport for a week by harnessing all the wind generated as those hands go flying up when I ask how many of you out there have ever sat at your computer and appeared to be working, while unbeknownst to your superiors, you were actually just about to save the princess in a miniature, online version of Donkey Kong. Am I right? (Don't worry, the Boss-man wasn't working either. He was just about to go into extra rounds of Super-Tetris. Trust me - I've seen the video tape. And it ain't pretty.)

Who could ever forget the first time they logged on and played that funny "Kick the Penguin" game? I think I might still have the all-time high score.

Now, seeing as how it is once again Feedback Friday - I thought it would be fun to see how many silly little "time-waster" games actually are out there floating around the Internet.

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to leave a comment and include any and all links to online games that you personally know of.

I will throw in the first two. They are great. One is a fun beer-themed miniature golf game and the other is a game that pits chairlift riders against skiers and snowboarders in a grand, one-sided snowball fight. Check them out, but please don't blame me if you get busted.

The Management at Procrastination Station is not responsible for any one getting their sorry, online-game-playing self fired. Do I make myself clear?

Okay then, let the fun begin.

http://www.whtmtnliving.net/games/sports/beer_golf.htm

http://www.coloradoski.com/chairlift_bombardier/landing.cfm


Ben O.

11 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

This one still has me flummoxed - just a couple of pieces of the puzzle missing... aargh!
It's the dreaded Crimson Room

10:43 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

I just waste my time being a blog-ho!!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Yeah, I spend most of my time reading blogs. Though I occasionally play some MSN games. Obviously, I download a lot of music. (Good job on the hair band-naming, by the way. I'm impressed!) Or I just give up and leave work altogether, which I find is the best solution.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Girl said...

www.doshur.com/fun/games_ran.asp?id=149
ZNAX

and pure pleasure though not quite like the real thing:
www.nonstop.lv/files/bubblewrap.swf
yup, see that? Bubble wrap! try the manic mode :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Chloe said...

Kicking penguins is no laughing matter!

Two people got fired from the school where I'm interning this year, so I was told not to go online because the helpdesk (big brother) is always watching. Unfortunately, this means that I have to waste all my hours at home reading blogs when it would be much funner to do so at work.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Henry - you rock with the games - thanks as well, Terri.
But, you are on your own with Mom. She might send you to your room for cussing.

Ain't she great?

Ben O.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

What, box?

Just read and comment, please

1:50 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Great. More ways to waste my time!

9:09 AM  
Blogger KayseaLove said...

Spank The Monkey

9:42 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Kay - am I playing the monkey game wrong? It isn't very fun.

The Management

9:18 AM  
Blogger KayseaLove said...

Sorry- the original spank the monkey I tried finding played really loud music when you hit it really hard.

My 3 year old daughter got a kick out of it.

It is unfortunately blocked from my work (as all games are) so I couldn't tell you if it is the same one.

I just like how silly the name is.

I guess after a while, when your only intellectual conversations are with a three year old, a person’s opinions are slightly dulled and might be impaired.

What is fun for a parent might not be fun for everyone, especially people who don’t have kids.

You all demand greater novelties to feed your entertainment appetites.

Whilst I on the other hand can be entertained for hours with a toddler, no cable, and an imagination.

In your face you high maintenance freaks who desire games that demand an IQ greater than that of a three year old.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home