I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Feedback Friday (But It's Only Thursday, Dork!)

On a lighter note -

I'm not feeling very creative today, so I figured it was a perfect time to try something new. I'm going to need some feedback on this one, so all you non-posting lurkers out there get ready to leave some comments. (Does this idiot actually think there are more than 15-20 people reading this crapola each day? He really is loco.) I've decided that about once a week I'm going to devote one post entirely to catching up on what everyone out there is into - Funny Websites you may have visited lately, good books that kept you up into the wee-small hours anxiously turning pages, awesome (do the young people still use that word?) music that simply must be checked out, a movie that caused you to leave the theatre thinking out loud, or even crazy elements of our society that you feel might make for entertaining future posts.

To steal a line from the colorfully-coiffed, angst-ridden musician Pink, I'll get this party started -

1. Funniest Website Found Lately -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2005380599,00.html

(Thanks to my brother for providing that one. Hey, watch where you swing that gospel axe, Mister!)

2. Best Book I've Read Lately -

"From a Buick 8" by Stephen King. Admittedly, it wasn't his best - but I found it compelling how an entire story could be centered around a car that has special powers. Mr. King is maturing as an author in some noticeable and fascinating ways. He has been writing for so long, that you can essentially watch him grow in the craft as you read his books through the years.

3. Music That I've Been Listening to Lately -

I don't know why, but recently I have really been into soundtrack music from the "Blacksploitation" Films of the 70's. Curtis Mayfield's Superfly is just an amazingly cool song. Great beat and a whole lot of funk slathered on top. Theme from Shaft is pretty good too - I am pretty sure that it won the Oscar that year for best song from a movie. Way to go Bro!

4. Best Movie I've Seen Lately -

Got to be Insomnia - now I know this one is a couple of years old by now, but they played it on TV the other day and I was reminded how fearlessly intense it is. I love the location shots and the ever-tightening layers of plot. If you agree with me on this film, do yourself a huge favor and rent the Swedish (original) version. I think Blockbuster carries it.


Okay - get out there and tell everyone you know to check out the blog and leave a comment. I am really hoping that we can establish this as a weekly opportunity to chime in on what each of us happens to be enjoying. I know that I am looking forward to reading all about what everyone out there has been watching and reading and laughing at.

So, thanks for making the Procrastination Station one of your daily stops . . .

--The Management--

Ben O.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ben O. said...

Undies - thanks for the vote of confidence.

What exactly is it that draws you back, might I ask?

Ben O.

12:53 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I don't really have a funniest website to add. That is more trinamick's forte. She's got dozens!
Best Book I read lately: Time Travelers Wife. It really is good. Another book I just finished that had me laughing all the way through was Good Omens by Neil Gaimen and Terry Prachett. Hysterical! Read out load to your friends even if they don't want you too funny.
Music: Chevelle rocks and are becoming a new favorite.
Movies: Haven't seen one in a while. Last movie I went to see was Batman, and that was really good.
Can't promise anyone will show up to add more comments on my say so, but I'll give it a shot.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Nypinta - you just have to be forceful and demand that they come and comment.

Thanks for contributing

Ben O.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You might want to check this site out. It did the Worst Album Covers a while back with absolutely hilarious commentary.

And if you have air conditioning in your house Good Sleeping Weather isn't a necessity really, but when you live in an apartment that's one hundred years old (almost), AC isn't a given.

I just read an old book but it was good. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John Le Carre.

4:54 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

God I am boring. No new music or movies really. We finally saw Wedding Crashers, which I did enjoy.

I love Harry Potter so I have read that book twice this summer. I also revisted an older writer and book Harold Robbins "The Carpet Baggers". Incrediably decadent and amazingly sexy for its time.

7:53 AM  
Blogger DelBoy said...

Funniest website: http://www.office-humour.co.uk has a few good things to check out!
New music: Coldplay's latest album 'X&Y' and James Blunt's 'Back to Bedlam' are fantastic. Can't stop listening to them.
Movie: I watched 'Madagascar' with my kid the other day and absolutely loved it!
Book: Haven't read much since 'Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown, but I'm on hols next week so I should devour a few novels in that time.

PS: Loved the album covers website Kathleen!

7:02 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I really need to see those blaxploitation flicks of the 70s. still have yet to see one. Plus that Foxy Brown chick (I think that's her character) is hot.

8:40 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Movies: Memento
Books: The Haunted Mesa
Websites: http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf

1:26 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Thanks Trin - Memento is so good. Why do I not own the deluxe version of that on DVD already? Can somebody answer me that.

Ben O.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

Wow...15 - 20 people...I'm jealous : )

Funniest website: My blog on Tuesdays...ha ha...actually I really like all of StrongBad's emails on www.homestarrunner.com (go to the 1rst time here button if you have never been there...it is worth it)

New music: New music? What is that...I'm still learning about David Gray and Chicago

Movie: New: Wedding Crashers
Old: Charade

Book: The latest Harry Potter is the last thing I read. I am currently slogging my way through "Michaelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling"

6:50 AM  
Blogger Girl said...

site: eclectech.co.uk/savethepostoffice.php
book: Sun Dancing a vision of medieval ireland
music: Gum, Idlewild, Athlete and will be purchasing the new Sigur Ros very soon
movie: theater- Hustle and Flow rental- Dear Frankie

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home