I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

In the beginning

Well, I guess everything must have a starting point. Even Ishmael had to let us know what we could call him.

So this is the very first post on what I have decided to name "Procrastination Station". I just like the sound of it. Strangely enough, so did someone else. There must be a lot of bloggers out there. It took at least 40 tries to come up with a URL name. Everything I could think of was already taken.

I am very, very new at this and I know that I am not going to compete for the much coveted "Blog of the Week" award until at least September. (I wonder if I will still be interested in even doing this when September roles around?) I promise to make earnest attempts at getting better at this if you promise not to laugh too hard at any blatant uncoolnesses I might inadvertently commit along the way.

Now that all of the legal mumbo-jumbo has been taken care of, let's get this thing rolling. I envision Procrastination Station as the premiere outlet for wit, intellect and self-promotion on the Internet. What the heck, if we are going to do this we might as well do it right. Please feel free to send any complaints to the home office. Simply write your beef out on a crisp $100 bill and post it priority mail to yours truly.

Actually, I would be happy if this little blog does nothing more than inspire a little bit of creativity from myself as the source of its content. It's really nothing more than a place for me to write and you to read. Contrary to popular public opinion, I'm not crazy enough yet to think that what I have to say is always going to be interesting. I'm hoping for about 40%-50%. Let's just pray that this Blog sharpens some skills, gets an already too untechno-saavy dude caught up with the whole blog-thing and most of all - entertains.

Ben O.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben O. said...

Ain't moms great?

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this is a day of firsts! I actually didn't even know what a blog was - much less read one. Great job, BTO. I look forward to reading it. :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger John said...

Procrastination Station is a good name. You can let a few days go by between posts, and if anyone asks when you're going to put up a new one, you can just say "later."

It is hard to come up with an original name. I ended up with Random Squeegee by typing in a series of two non-related words until I found a combination that hadn't been used yet.

1:02 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Procrastination Station is a good name. You can let a few days go by between posts, and if anyone asks when you're going to put up a new one, you can just say "later."
You named your blog "Random Squeegee" and you procrastinate all the time with your blog entries!

Ps- Mom's are great.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home