I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Full Moon Fever

According to the lil' digital clock at the bottom of my sleek new flatscreen monitor it is 11:48 PM. This might be a good time to lay a few things out on the table. I'm a nightowl of the worst order and even though I hope to convince myself to write some entries during the day, I must confess that most of the material will undoubtedly float the surly bonds after the kids have all gone to sleep.

What am I worried about . . . nobody is reading this crapola anyway.

Just in case you mistyped "Dominoespizza.com" and landed here by accident, I will try to have you back on the road faster than you can say "Hold the anchovies!"

Why are there so many big-budget Hollywood remakes hitting the theatres this summer? Look, I love Enus and Cletus just like the next guy, but do we really need another movie where Stiffler and his fun-lovin' cousin commit a bunch of redneck shenanigans while Burt Reynolds gets even stranger looking? I humbly submit that we do not. Okay, to be perfectly honest . . . I'm actually looking forward to seeing "The Dukes of Hazard". I would pay the complete discounted matinee price of a ticket just to see the General Lee. Let's face it, the car is the star. I guess what I'm trying to get at is the total lack of any stand-out original movie on the schedule this summer.

And for that matter, if we are so dead-set on remaking old TV shows into movies, then where is the "Simon & Simon" movie? Anyone? Or what about a James Bondish never-ending saga of movies focusing on the wacky adventures of Jessica Fletcher in "Murder, She Wrote"? I'm sure that Angelina Jolie or possibly even Halle Berry would jump at the chance to play the crime-fighting super-sleuth. Such good material wasting away before our very eyes. What a pity.

That's it for now . . .

Ben O.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have been out blog surfing and found this one... Yes, I found your blog while wondering aimlessly around the internet... Just thought I would let you know.

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Media
Roger Ailes has been appointed to the additional position of Chairman of Fox TV Stations, which includes Twentieth Television.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a russian wife site/blog. It pretty much covers russian wife related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, P.S. (Procrastination Station), when you are submitting your daily entry at 2:55 AM, there is no telling what ears the material will fall upon . . . Just a word to the wise - or is that the sleepless in Denver? MOM

9:26 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Non remake movies that I think might be worth seeing:
The Great Raid
The Constant Gardner
and in September: Serenity. That last one is based on a show, but a show that ended just last year and all the actors are the same.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home