I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Monday, June 05, 2006

I Knew I Was Forgetting Something (Feedback Monday (#32))


I woke up this morning with the strange sense that I had neglected to do something. Something so important and vital that in it's unexplained absence, entire computer systems would crash. Friday passed by "Feedback-less" and we should all thank our lucky stars that the North American Infrastructure is still somewhat intact.

Whew!

That was a close one.

So, I've decided to hit ya with the first ever Procrastination Station "Feedback Monday".

(Wow, this guy is really getting desperate . . .)

Actually I want to get some input on whether or not I should add a new feature to the Blog. I've been thinking about starting my own Weekly Caption Contest. This is by no means a new idea of mine - they've been around awhile. I readily admit to shamelessly stealing this one upfront. But, the thing is that I always get such a kick out of reading the comments, so I thought it would be a natural fit here at The Station.

For those who've never had the pleasure, the idea is pretty simple (I wouldn't be considering it if it wasn't). Basically, we'll post a random picture and then you guys get to come up with all kinds of funny "captions", and/or witty descriptions of what is going on in the picture.

Sound like fun?

Good, then here is the "Feedback" portion of "Feedback Monday" -

Please indicate whether you are -

A) So excited about the idea that you can hardly contain yourself

B) Somewhat curious about the idea

C) Gloriously apathetic to the point of universal disinterest in any and all ideas ever presented

or

D) Lost


Ben O.

(Management would like to thank you for participation in advance. Heck, we might even take it into consideration.)

14 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I suck at making up captions, but enjoy reading everybody else's cleverness, so I vote for it. I'll say "A!"

10:57 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

That's 1 for it so far (the interns down in the sub-basement scouring the seedier parts of the internet for pics are applauding - it's a little hard to hear through all that fortified concrete.)

Ben O.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Word Id -

tedsoak = what you would have called Whoopi Goldberg's wetdreams back in the days of Cheers.

Ben O.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Hmmm...
Considering the talent this blog generates, I'd go with (A).
If this were any other blog--the answer would most likely be different.
*wink*

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Sadie, don't you mean

"in-different"

Ben O.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

no.
*folding arms and turning up my nose*

3:17 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Okay, fess up . . . who deleted a comment?

Ben O.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Okay, let's tally the responses up -

2 people (is that all?) say go for it

Everyone else is hoping this all just goes away soon.

Wow - it's a miracle this is still legal.

Ben O.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

*shamed*
I deleted the comment. I spelled something wrong.

9:45 PM  
Blogger flea said...

ok i'm mildly curious i must say so i guess my selection is "B"

4:49 AM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

I say you ban people who delete comments for spelling errors. Or you can ban me for trying to piss off Sadie Lou.

Go for it - if it ends up sucking we'll let you know.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Thanks Flea

Monk - sorry bro, but she has seniority. I'm afraid you'd go before she did.

But why does anyone have to be kicked off of the island . . . this ain't The Apprentice.

Can't we all just play nice.

and vote on the darn question for cryin' out loud.

Ben O.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I say A!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home