I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Great . . . Another Freakin' iPod Post


Okay, here's something mildly interesting for ya . . .

(or not)

Apparently, Federated Department Stores (most recognizably - Macy's) is going to install iPod vending machines in some of their stores. Yep, that's actually what it says . . . iPod vending machines. Presumably, any old customer (with $399 in quarters) can just waltz right up and partake of the digital music revolution. You don't want to get left behind, you know.

Now, here is the question I want answered - Can I get a couple of snickers and one of those microwaveable pseudo-hamburger-like sandwiches with it? That would really be progress.

Man cannot live on music alone.

So, check out this scenario - after an unbelievably lengthy (and excrutiatingly frustrating) exercise of bill straightening, you finally get all 300 of those gnarly lil' suckers inserted into the machine, you punch B3 (the code for a white iPod Nano - because isn't it just the fashizzle), and then, as the item starts to ratchet forward . . . it gets stuck. We've all been there. No amount of swearing and pounding on the machine will ever free you from your pathetically lame world of used CDs and burned out cassette tapes, my friend. You might as well exit the mall and drive off into the sunset . . . forever trapped in the hideous vortex of your non-iPod-having life.

Sweetness was so close . . . almost within your grasp . . . merely centimeters away . . . and then . . . {poof} . . . it's all gone.

Oh the humanity!


Ben O.

7 Comments:

Blogger mcBlogger said...

I've always been partial the Double Chocolate Big Daddy cookies you can get in vending machines. Yum! But if you wanna see cranky, catch me moments after I've placed a dollar into the machine and the cookie gets stuck, and the next chocolate-starved individual to walk by and be tempted by the mouth watering delicious morsal will get two for the price of one...If I had to go through the trouble of all those quarters for an iPod, I'd stake out the machine and just wait...cat-like and ready to pounce.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You're a funny guy, Ben O.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How bout the Apple / Nike partnership*? Shoes and iPod working together to keep track of you workout performance.

* http://www.nike.com/nikeplus/

7:48 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

And no one ever has the key to unlock that damn machine.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

McBlogger - I know . . . it isn't fair that the person behind you (whoever that may be) gets doubly lucky, while you have to sulk away in shame and hunger.

Kathleen - I try.

Mark - I saw that. I'm guessing it syncs up with your shoes and charts the stats of your workout. Don't even get me started - I feel yet another iPod post coming on. (The gallery erupts in applause.)

Fuzzbox - Someone has that darned key. I just know that they do and they act like they don't. It's all a conspiracy.

Ben O.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I'm so out of touch. I don't even have an ipod yet.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Sonya - Yes, but do you live near a Macy's?

Things could be looking up for you yet . . .

Ben O.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home