I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, May 12, 2006

Oops


Dude, I totally missed Bono's Birthday. No cake. No ice cream. No nothing.

Oh, the shame of it. Evil Twin Biff is down in the sub-basement right now crying his eyes out. No, wait . . . I stand corrected. That isn't crying, it sounds more like a box of twinkies being put in a blender with some gummy worms and a quart of stale peach-flavored wine cooler. (Don't ask how I know that.)

I can just see Bono, sitting alone by the phone waiting for someone to call him and wish him a Happy Birthday. Sometimes it can be lonely at the top . . . don't I know it, Brother!

Well, better late than never.

Happy Birthday, Paul.


Ben O.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should buy him a new shirt for his birthday.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bono looks a little bit like Stallone. Only much, much taller.

6:36 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

too funny that pic!

Happy Birthday dude!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Fred - I actually have about 10 U2 concert T-shirts (remember concert T-shirts?) I suppose I could give him one of those.

I guess you could say that I would be giving him the shirt off my back.

Jason - Have you ever seen Bono? Dude never gets mistaken for Shaq. I think you may be the first person to ever use the words tall and Bono in the same sentence.

Jenbeauty - Isn't it great . . .

Heady times, the Popmart Tour. I'd go back in less than a heartbeat. My brother (maybe we can get him to comment - I know he has the goods on Bono) and I were really close and had some really good times stalking the band during those days.

Ben O.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Aw. You're right, that's so sad that you forgot his birthday. Be thankful you don't have to buy him a birthday present. I mean, what in the heck do you get Bono for his birthday?

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home