I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, May 26, 2006

Feedback Friday (#31)


Well, it's Feedback Friday again and I think I'm gonna wimp out this week and steal something from my friend Mark's blog. Actually, I thought it was an insightful question to ask and since he will be a tad busy welcoming his first child into the world this weekend, I'm not too worried about any repercussions.

So, in honor of X-Men 3 hitting the local theatres, I want to know all about your favorite Superhero. (The ladies are gonna love this one . . . not!)

Seriously, everyone's invited to participate . . . superheroes don't have to wear capes and shoot fluorescent lightning bolts out of their eyeballs.

I'll get the fun started (Hello, Sis. C) by pasting in my comments from Mark's Blog -

-----------------------------

This is a no-brainer. Wolverine . . . hands down Wolverine.

How cool was he in the comic books and wow! - Hugh Jackman really nails him. I absolutely love the scenes in Alberta where we first meet Logan as he fights bare-fist for money. He is so rough and yet still has the heart of a champion. He smokes (wouldn't you if you could heal your lungs from the inside out?), he never shaves, he is totally buff, he can heal himself and he has these insanely cool, unbreakable blades that come out of his hands to dispatch with whoever crosses his path.

No contest - He laughs at spandex wearing superheroes such as Daredevil (much better in the comicbooks than with Ben Affleck ruining him onscreen), Superman, Spidey and the rest. I do like the Dark Knight interpretation of Batman, though. I guess I prefer the darker side of my comic book superheroes. Punisher and Iron Man were always up near the top as well.

Great question - I might have to steal this one!

Ben O.

-------------------------------

And, as you can see . . . I stole it.


Ben O.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Wolervine is HOT!! Not Hugh Jackman--but Wolverine. If Wolverine showed up on doorstep with his claws out and his tight X-Men outfit--I'd have to leave my hubby--OR--just make my hubby dress like that might be fine.

My favorite superhero is Batman.
He's dark. He's depressed. He needs a hug and he kicks ass.
I especially loved Christian Bale in Batman Begins and Michael Keaton as the caped Crusader in the old Batman movies.
Val Kilmer and George Clooney sucked.
Superman is boring
Spiderman is like a *gasp* SPIDER! Ew!
so yeah, Batman for coolness and Wolverine for hotness.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Sadie, I have to disagree with you - Wonder Woman is the hottest superhero. Wolverine kicks major butt and all, but what guy hasn't had at least 3,762 daydreams about being tied up by Wonder Woman's magical lasso?

You are all lying!

Ben O.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I'm not even going to touch the whole "Honey-will-you-dress-up-like-my-favorite-super-hero-tonight-and-serve-me-dinner-on-the-patio" fetish.

I think that one speaks for itself.

Ben O.

2:34 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Superman. For the reason given in 'Kill Bill.' He is the only Superhero who's mask is a mere mortal. He is first and foremost Superman not a human being.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

'Fraid I'm with Sadie here - Batman does it for me too, but in contrast I preferred Val Kilmer and George Clooney. Pure perv material :D

12:35 PM  
Blogger mcBlogger said...

Reading the feedback, on the perv-level, I think Christian Bale as batman is pretty hot, but I think it was that the movie had more of a human factor to it, unlike the others that were very cartoonish.

If we're talking about which superhero could you be if you could be any? I think being Uma Thurman in Kill Bill would be cool. Sexy seductrous, but deadly with a sord and kicks some serious ass. Anyone know what her character's name was?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

The Bride

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Yikes, my favorite Superhero? Um, Dream from Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. He's dark, gothic and, ahem, dreamy.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Fuzz - Good reason. I like the Superman movies, but he just isn't dark enough for me. I need some seriuos flaws in my superheroes.

Fred - That brings up a good point of debate. "Powers" or "No Powers". Batman doesn't have any powers, but Spiderman does. All of the X-Men do, by definition. Superman, of course, has powers out the wazzu.

Terri - Batman was a cool superhero for the big screen, that's for sure. I don't really like the Clooney version. Maybe it was Tim Burton directing, but the first is still my favorite by a longshot.

McBlogger - I never saw Kill Bill. I don't know why, either, because I really like Tarantino's other stuff. It looked a bit cheezy from the outside looking in.

Kathleen - Never heard of that series. I'm actually hoping that they will do a movie based solely upon Wolverine from the X-Men. I know they won't, but they should.

Hey, he had his own comic book.

Ben O.

9:01 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

As a kid I was always a fan of Spiderman, which is funny since I hate spiders. But he was a bit sarcastic, which I liked.

I loved the last Batman movie. Finally Batman was as interesting as the bad guys he is up against! (Poor Michael Keaton.)

I love the Sandman comics! They are tripy and cool and poetic all at the same time.

Of the X-men, yeah Wolverine kicks ass. How could he not? But if you could pick a super-power, would you pick the one that would make the military guys go, "Hmmm. I wonder if we could....", or one of the ones they can't contain? Like Storm's or Mystique's?

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Ben - I'm not sure if Dream is a superhero, but nypinta kind of agreed, so I'll stick with my original answer.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home