I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, February 17, 2006

Ignorance is Bliss

Okay people, here's one for ya . . .

The jeep is spending the night at the repair shop tonight (I say it like it's a child on a sleepover or something), and even though I am "not that into" cars and never took shop in high school . . . it's times like these that I wish I actually did have a clue what they heck makes the family set o' wheels tick. I can already hear myself talking with the mechanic on the phone . . .

"Hello, is this Ben O?"

"Yes."

"This is Mr. Mechanic from Youdon'thaveaclue Motors down the street."

"Oh, good. How's the beloved family automobile fine sir?

"Well, I'm afraid it's worse than we originally thought. You got a bad thingymoflachie and the whatsamagiffin valve is sticking really bad . . . and that ain't good."

"It isn't?"

"Nope. Then there's the cracked flugonozzle and the rusty heapovizor . . . they'll both have to be replaced of course."

"Oh . . . and how much does a new flugonozzle cost these days?"

"Trust me. You don't want to know."

"Can I pay in installments?"

" 'fraid not. I'm gonna need cash up front."

"Well, let me go donate some blood. I'll be back in an hour. Try not to find anything else wrong with it while I'm gone."


Does this sound familiar?

Thought so . . .


Ben O. (for my lovely Wife . . . without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to me.)

3 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I was gonna say... Now you know what it's like to be a girl.

3:01 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

I picked up a few things working in my uncle's welding shop, and boy, am I grateful. When a female walks into a mechanic's shop, all the guys see are dollar signs.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Find a trustworthy garage! I have one and made the mistake years ago of taking the car to a transmission place when having transmission issues. They told me it was going to cost more than the car was worth, blah blah, sell it to me because I can fix it for cost, blah blah blah. I told them not to touch it and took it to my trustworthy garage who informed me the transmission just needed to be flushed and did it for less than $100. I will never take it anywhere else.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home