I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, February 03, 2006

Feedback Friday (#19)

Yep, it's that time again . . . Feedback Friday and even though I don't have the time to unleash one of my typical Procrastination-Station-by-way-of-The-Gettysburg-Address-length rants on ya, I did want to at least log on and post this sucker within the technical confines of the calendar day commonly known as Friday.

I know, I know . . . why bother since I almost never seem to get these things posted on time and yet the planet somehow manages to keep spinning. Well, tonight we're gonna try and keep the promise and anyone who doesn't care can just stand over in the corner and not care.

I see you over there.

Okay, moving on. Here's what I've got for ya this time around - I've decided to stick with the themes for the week. Those being books and animals (yes those were the themes for the week, quit your mumbling.) So, this installment of Feedback Friday is gonna be all about books that deal with animals. Tell us about your favorite "Animal Book". It might be a novel with cute little panda bears as the main characters, or a childrens book about a family of homeless rabbits or even a guidebook detailing the proper technique for determining the sex of the endangered Amazonian Rhino-Gator. I don't care, I just want to hear about it.

Have some fun with this one . . .


Ben O.

15 Comments:

Blogger Sadie Lou said...

*rubbing my hands together*

Okay!
My all time favorite book about animals would be:

Animal Farm

I know that sounds cliche but it's such a great classic. I also liked Charolette's Web

and Toad & Frog

10:13 PM  
Blogger StringMan said...

Add me to the Animal Farm list ...

The book Jonathan Livingston Seagull was good for picking up some of the smarter chicks I was in school with. "Oh yeah, I read JLS ... changed my life". Maybe birds aren't 'animals', but it helped facilitate some of my animal instincts back then ...

10:10 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hank the cow dog books. I luv them!! Me and the kiddos have read several of them. We will build a fire outside sit around it and I read to them. :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I am a sucker for all things Dr. Seuss so I am going for the Sneeches. Gotta luv those star bellied critters.

10:19 PM  
Blogger DelBoy said...

Hate to say it, but I'm also an "Animal Farm" & "Cat in the Hat" fan!

How about "Black Beauty"? That was a pretty good one.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I loved White Fang even though it made me cry. Or maybe because it made me cry.
Also there was one by James Herriot called It Shouldn't Happen To A Vet that was really funny.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Didn't anyone read "Charlotte's Web" or "The Horse Whisperer" or "A River Runs Through It"?

Oops, Sadie read "Web"

I need to get some more Dr. Suess books, he rocks.

Ben O.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Cujo was an awful book. I do not want to be inside the mind of a dog slowly going mad from rabies. That book haunts me still.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Mr. King does like to use animals as his lil' evil harbingers doesn't he?

Interesting factoid - Cujo was actually the first Stephen King book I ever read. Dang, that was a long time ago.

Ben O.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

the first one I read was "The Shining" followed closely by "Firestarter", "Thinner" and "Salem's Lot"

5:30 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Yes, but what was the most recently read of his, Sadie?

Ben O.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Recently?
I finished the Dark Tower series last year. I read "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" for the second time last year. I haven't read anything new in awhile although my mom just bought a book of his we didn't even know was out--She'll give it to me as soon as she's done.

8:58 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I read Charolette's Web and loved it. Other then that, I can't really think of any 'animal books' to even offer as good reading.
Do the Merceds Lackey books count since they have talking horses?

Oh! Terry Pratchett's "Small Gods". It's about a divine turtle and the one person left on Discworld that worships him. Funny stuff. He has another book with a camel named 'You Bastard' that is in fact the worlds most brilliant mathematician, even if no one knows it.

My mother likes the books by Rita Mae Brown and her detective cats.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

Ok, I'm off to read some animal books. Must admit that Animal Farm was forced upon me at school and I have never looked at farm animals the same since then. Ok, I didn't actually read Pet Cemetary, but I did see the movie and you are right. Stephen King loves to use animals in many dark ways. Will report back here in a while when I have something concrete to contribute.

1:36 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

My fav animal book? Well, Watership Down, but I only saw the movie and didn't read the book. Does that count?

All right, fine. I'll go read the book one of these days.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home