I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In Praise Of Colorado

Here's a little something I intended to post a few days ago . . .

Saturday my wife and I had one of those days where everything seems to remind you how lucky you are to be alive in such a wonderful part of the country. We got up and went to Starbucks for some coffee (and kolaches - Dad and Brother O will know what I'm talkin' about). Then we headed up into the mountains for an afternoon of snowshoeing. It was beautiful. Nice and crisp, without being too terribly cold.

Then later that afternoon when we got back home, we spent the rest of the evening watching our beloved Broncos beat down on the defending champs to advance to the AFC Championship game.

That's a pretty good day if you ask me . . . and I know you would ask if you only could.


Ben O.

5 Comments:

Blogger mr. schprock said...

"Then later that afternoon when we got back home, we spent the rest of the evening watching our beloved Broncos beat down on the defending champs to advance to the AFC Championship game."

It sounded good right up until that part. How could the Broncos lose with us shooting ourselves in the foot every chance we got?

Oh, well — congratulations, I suppose.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Aw--
Love those days.
I just had one the other day. The hustle and bustle of the holidays was over, I was reading a new book under a fluffy down throw and my hubby was making me some hot chocolate. Nice.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Schprock - I do readily admit that the Pats simply couldn't hang onto the ball. We'll take it though. You have to admit that the Denver D "enabled" some of the charity.

Sadie - I agree. They sometimes go by without us even noticing them. I find that it gets more and more important to just sit back and realize that these days just might be "the good ole'" days. Whenever a great day comes along, no matter what you are into, I say . . . enjoy it for what it is.

Ben O.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Oh goodness Ben, wait 'till you guys have kids. *If you're going to

The days will not only fly by, they'll smack you in the butt on the way out.

4:16 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Looks like Broncos will win their 3rd SB. The Steelers won't beat them, and the NFC's not ready to play in the same stadium as the AFC just yet.

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home