I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, February 24, 2006

Feedback Friday (#21)

A wise philosopher once said that if you sit by the river long enough you'll see your enemy go floating by. I think in my case it would be more accurate to say that if I sit on my @$$ staring at the computer screen long enough someone will sneak up behind me and tag my sorry no-account self. Well, it happened. I's been tagged.

Thanks Laurie.

Seriously, this one looks to be pretty cool . . . so we're readily suiting up for action.

The best part is that everyone gets to play. Yep, you heard right. I've decided to turn this mutha on it's proverbial head and open it up to every single coherent person out there. At least those who are unfortunate enough to find themselves with nothing else to do on a perfectly good friday than to participate in yet another Procrastination Station Feedback Friday Extravaganza.

So here are the rules (as far as I can tell) -

You gotta list the 7 songs that you've been listening to the most in the past few days. It doesn't matter if you do or do not have an iPod . . . ya got ears, yes? Then pony up and let us know what 7 songs have been moving your needle lately. That's it . . . that's the assignment. This should be a real blast hearing about what everyone out there has been hearing.

The GOOD news is that I'm not gonna officially tag anyone else. That means there's no need to scuttle home furiously to your own dark corner of the internet and immediately perpetuate the joy of this particular "meme" by way of a lengthy (and somewhat-less-than-interesting) post about your 7 favorite Michael Bolton and Celine Dion duets on your own blog. The BAD news is that I want some serious participation in my lil' comments section. I know that there are some music freaks out there and I want to see some lists of 7 popping up real soon. Mark (Willie & Waylon and the boys), Brother O (Hey, there's Edge . . . He's cool too!), Stringman (I'm looking forward to this one), FredCQ (Bring on the Metal, baby!), Sadie (the World's newest Echo & The Bunnymen fanatic), Terri (The Queen of Guinness-Land), Lingoslinger (Podcast Tease #1), and anyone else who misspelled plaidwarehouse.com and found themselves at my door-step, staring down the working end of a question so finely tuned and expertly delivered that the only possible option is to simply stay and provide an answer.

Ah, such a well-oiled machine . . .

Okay, so here's my list (I've decided to go with an eclectic theme. I listen to alot of music, but here are 7 of the strangest bedfellows on my iPod). Enjoy!

1. Candy Everybody Wants by 10,000 Maniacs - This is a fun song by a fantastic group with one of the best names in popular music.

2. Dixieland Delight by Alabama - "Rolling down a backwoods, Tennessee by-way . . . One arm on the wheel" Gotta love it.

3. Corcovado by Astrud Gilberto - Ah, to be young, tan and on the beach in Rio de Janeiro. Count me in.

4. Nightshift by The Commodores - I love the bassline in this song. It feels like the night. Cool stuff.

5. Radiation Vibe by Fountains of Wayne - Sort of like a cult version of Weezer . . . only not.

6. Wasted Years by Iron Maiden - This has to be one of the most relentlessly awesome heavy metal songs. Takes me right back to one of the best times in my short life.

7. Inner City Blues by Marvin Gaye - Dude can sing.

I'll go ahead and throw in the song I'm listening to as I type this out as a bonus . . .

Three Days by Jane's Addiction - there are parts of this song that can literally shake your soul. It actually feels like you have broken through and gone somewhere you probably shouldn't have only to return sometime later a changed person.

Well, that's my 7 (er 8) cents. Now it's your turn.

This should be fun . . .


Ben O.

14 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

I don't have an ipod because I am cheap and I because I tend to listen to whole albums rather than individual tracks so I am going to have to list albums. I hope that's okay. Lately I have been listening to these.
Black Sabbath-s/t
T-ride-s/t
Sleep-Sleep's Holy Mountain
Iron Maiden-Killers
Budgie-Bandolier
Dokken-Under lock and key
Fireball Ministry-Their rock is not our rock

5:15 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Here goes nothing:
Kiss: I was made for lovin you
Evanescence: My Immortal
Disturbed: Shout
Hinder: Homecoming Queen
10 years after: Wasteland
Blondie: Call me
Limp Biskit: Break Stuff

5:41 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hmm, Smed sent me some compilation CDs and I've been listening to those, so I'll list the 7 songs I liked the best off of them - Only 2 or 3 songs of the 63 were songs I knew.

Daft Punk Is Playing In My House - LCD Soundsystem

My White Bicycle - Tomorrow

The Madman Running Through the Fields - Chariot

Vanishing Girl - The Dukes of Stratosphear

Waiting for the Sun - The Jayhawks

Starfish and Coffee - Prince

Twisting - They Might Be Giants

8:06 AM  
Blogger Crissy T. said...

Ok, this is one I can play too...although I've been listening to albums too, as opposed to individual tracks...

The Nain Rouge-Whatever Helps you Sleep at Night
Journey-Greatest Hits
System of a Down-Mezmerize
Gorillaz-Demon Days
3 Doors Down-Seventeen Days
Eminem-Encore
Helmut-Greatest Hits

9:26 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Poses--Rufus Wrainright
My Doorbell--White Stripes
This Must Be The Place--Talking Heads
How Could You Want Him--Spin Doctors
Levon--Elton John
All These Things That I've Done--The Killers
Gravity--John Mayer Trio

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you youngsters really know how to make ol' Mom feel old!! I have the strangest feeling that I have just returned from a 30-year trip to Venus or Mars, because I don't know a single song listed!! Since I listen to an oldies radio station, the last 7 songs I have heard are probably older that all of you together. But it sounds like a fun game -- just checking in. MOM

4:27 PM  
Blogger StringMan said...

It's been a strange week for music. Here goes:

1) Les Miserables complete CD (went to see it for the 10th time in Boston, so I was getting ready)
2) Creep - Radiohead
3) Red Rooster - Robben Ford
4) On Fire - Bruce Springstein
5) Island in the Sun - Weezer
6) Hard to Handle - Black Crowes
7) Nobody Else - Los Lonely Boys

I've always liked Nightshift by the Commodores. Other comments make me realize how long it's been since I've purposely listened to any metal.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

stringman--
nice list. I love that Boss song. I just heard it on the radio yesterday and it still gives me goosebumps. That song is pretty sexy.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Metal Mark - Hey I haven't listened to Killers in a long while, but they were pretty energetic back then. I still think Powerslave and Somewhere in Time are their best albums (Live after Death is also pretty good if you are into live albums)

Fuzz - Gotta love the Disco KISS song. Way cool. Call Me is pretty cool too.

Fred - Three Days is so cool it defies us even talking about how cool it is.

Kathleen - They Might Be Giants are the bomb. Saw them live once and it flipped me out. They were sort of nerdy, but always made great music.

d181 - I'm not the world's biggest eminem fan, but I can totally hang with the Journey's Greatest hits.

Sadie - I have been listening to a White Stripes song that is stuck in my head called "The Hardest Button to Button". Pretty good stuff, actually.

Laurie - Thanks. I agree that it is fun. I always get a kick out of probing peoples' musical tastes and what they are listening to at the moment. Your California playlist was really good.

Mom - Everyone say hello to my Mom. She's great . . . She actually took my brother and I to our first concert ever - Duran Duran on the Seven and the Ragged Tiger Tour. Way cool.

Strings - "Hard to Handle" is awesome. So is "Creep". I just love songs by dudes that know they don't belong. Bruce Springsteen's keyboardy Born in the USA stuff is awesome. I'm on Fire is probably top ten material with me. Nice choice.

Undr - You forgot to mention Zamfir . . . doesn't anyone listen to Zamfir anymore. What is this world coming to?

Sadie #2 - See Strings.

Fun stuff - Keep 'em coming.

Ben O.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Ben--
Love that White Stripes song.
I've been listening to a band called Blue Merel, ever heard of them?

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Mercy - U2
2. New Slang - The Shins
3. Slumberdoll - The Autumns
4. Ceremony - New Order
5. Gods Will Be Gods - Echo & The Bunnymen
6. Forever Longing The Golden Sunsets - Appleseed Cast
7. L.A. Woman - The Doors

Brother O.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Sadie - Never heard of 'em, but that isn't surprising. I know alot about music and with certain groups I would be the person you want on your Music Trivia team. The only problem is that I am totally clueless on some bands. Just differing tastes I guess. I will have to look them up.

Brother O. - The more I listen to it, the more I think Mercy is U2's best song ever. I can't believe they didn't clean it up a tad and put it on Atomic Bomb.

Ben O.

9:16 AM  
Blogger flea said...

ok, ok you twisted my arm! no not really but this was so cool reading everyone else's that i had to participate...

hmm what have i downloaded lately, mostly new stuff & some classic fave's of mine so here goes

1. Beyonce - check on it
2. Black Eyed Peas - Pump it
3. LL Cool J feat J LO - Control Myself
4. Neverending White Lights feat Dalls Green - the Grace
5. Hedley - Trip
6. Sean Paul - Temperature
7. Bush - Machine Head
8. Pussy Cat Dolls - beep
9. Blondie - Call me
10. TLC - Diggin on you

12:08 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Well, first time visitor thanks to your link-back today in comments ... Feeling like a newbie, but I hate to pass up a game:

I'm In the Mood For Love - James Moody

You Don't Know - Sarah Vaughn

Mean To Me - Linda Ronstadt

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Hoochie Coochie Man - Eric Clapton

The Midnight Special - CCR

Stardust - Rod Stewart's Great American Songbook

I don't own an iPod but these are the predominent tunes I've pulled from CDs at my computer this week.

Why there's no Janis Joplin in this mix is a mystery to me - she's usually included.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by the Outpost!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home