I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, February 17, 2006

Feedback Friday (#20)

Hey out there in Blogland - your wildest dreams are about to come true. Feedback Friday is making it's triumphant return.

Yep, you heard right. Feedback Friday is back!

We drugged Evil Twin Biff's afternoon scotch, tied him up with duct tape and locked him down in the sub-basement with all of the junk mail and reader suggestion email print-outs. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure there's a 7 month old box of twinkies down there somewhere . . . he'll be fine.

So, without further unnecessary fanfare (too late) . . . I give you what you've all been jonesing for -

Feedback Friday!

(The gallery erupts in thunderous applause.)

Or not.

This week, we're going with an Olympic theme. Pretty original, huh? After watching rather consistently for the past week, I've determined the medal count to be as follows -

Apple Computers - The Big Winner
Everybody Else - Bronze
Bode Miller - Quit pouting and start skiing, dude.

Check this out.

Now for your homework assignment.

I want to know what part of the Winter Olympics turns you on. What is your favorite event? It might be the Opening Ceremonies. It might be the Women's Skeleton (Did someone say, "Fearless"?). It might also be trying to guess how long it takes Bob Costas to get ready each night. I knew I should have gotten in on that Italian hairspray company's IPO. Darn-it-all!

This should be fun . . .


Ben O.

12 Comments:

Blogger Crissy T. said...

My favorite part of the winter Olympics will always be hockey. I enjoy seeing players I'm familiar with play each other, or come together on a new team. plus I just love hockey.

2:43 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Honestly, the audience deserves the gold. I'm not big on the Winter games, 'cause I'm not big on winter sports, but just hearing the audience makes it worth the time I watch.
Was that corny? A bit, right?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Figure skating is my favorite part! :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Figure Skating!
HEEEEEYYY-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Why would I watch any of the rest of it? I can't stand snow sports.
You know that!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

The only reason I knew the Winter Olympics was on is 'cos Google changed their logo. My recent skiing 'adventure' has put me off all things icy for a while.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

After witnessing the conditions these people participate in, I take my hat off to all of the competitors. Did you see that snow storm while these guys are coming down the hill in their bob sleighs? At unthinkable speeds with hardly any visibility. I think they all deserve gold!!!

3:10 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I like everything but the 'in depth profiles' they do. Talk about schmaltzy! Geez-sus!! And when the press tries to play up a non-story just to add drama. And when the commentators tell you that someone will be 'thinking about that mistake for the next four years'... blah, blah, blah.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm addicted to curling. What an intense and skillful sport. I can't stop watching, I truly hope the US pulls out all the stops and really sticks it to those Swiss losers. What a triumph that would be.

PS: I'm kidding

4:21 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Curling...although seeing Canada NOT win the Gold medal (or any medal) in Men's Hockey would make me pretty damn happy.

8:51 AM  
Blogger DelBoy said...

My favourite events must be the skeleton and the snow-boarding. And I'd love to have a ride in a bobsleigh!

11:03 AM  
Blogger StringMan said...

Ben, none of the W.O. sports excite me. I think we need new ones, like "Name Writing in the Snow". Favors men, but could be a real exciting sport, I think.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Downhill and giant slalom, followed by bobsled, luge and skeleton are my favorites, though I kinda like the way the girls look in their tight speedskagint getups :-)

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home