I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, March 23, 2007

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Okay people, here are my answers to the All Time Academy Awards.

Read 'em and weep . . .

1. The Best Actress in a role ever - Susan Sarandon in Bull Durham (Cute!?! Baby ducks are cute . . .)

2. The Best Actor in a role ever - Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca (Sophistication, intrigue, action, love, betrayal, heroism . . . it's all there.)

3. The Best Cinematography in a movie ever - Jacob's Ladder (This movie is so strange and part of the reason is because it looks amazing.)

4. The Best Costumes in a movie ever - Star Wars (You gotta love the Stormtroopers.)

5. The Best Screenplay for a movie ever - Memento (This is just an ultra cool story and it makes for a really good flick.)

6. The Best Song from a movie ever - Eye of The Tiger (Think about it . . . is it even possible to hear that song and not think of Rocky kicking bootie? I humbly submit that it is not.)

7. The Best Director of a movie ever - Francis Ford Coppola for The Godfather Series (This is how they live, right? I think actual gangsters try to act like those people.)

8. The Best Picture ever - Blade Runner (I almost said The Matrix here and for Screenplay, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I do think The Matrix is one of the most important films of the past 20 years. Blade Runner is sort of the same way with me. Every time I watch it, I find myself wanting to live in the world it creates. Flying cars and perpetual rain . . . the future looks pretty darn sleek and sexy.)


Ben O.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never seen Bull Durham.

Casablanca's one of my favs.

Never seen Jacob's Ladder.

What I don't get about the Stormtroopers is they wear that armor, but it doesn't deflect anything. It's kind of pointless, don't you think?

Never seen Memento.

I play the Eye of the Tiger riff on the guitar. One of the first things I learned.

The first two Godfathers are some of the best movies ever made.

Blade Runner is in my top 10.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I had to laugh at Star Wars.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Haven't seen Bull Durham but Susan Sarandon is great. Rocky Horror Picture Show, anyone?

Casablanca is on my list of movies to see before I die.

Jacob's Ladder confused the crap outta me.

Star Wars - Well chosen!

Memento - Ummm.. don't think I've seen it.

Eye of the Tiger - good point.

The Godfather... LOL! You may be right!

Blade Runner - I don't remember if I saw it. I vote for The Matrix.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

It's so weird how some people see these things so differently from yourself. Blade Runner? Blech. =)

I too laughed at Star Wars.

Wait, was this all a joke?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Cool Meme! I have never seen Blade Runner.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I'm in shock at how many people out there have never seen Blade Runner.

NOW HEAR THIS!

Homework assignment - Go rent Blade Runner and watch it.

Write a report and turn it in by Wednesday.

Ben O.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, everyone should watch Blade Runner... but first visit your doctor and get a prescription for anti-depressants. Or maybe that was just my reaction to Blade Runner?

It HAS been a while, but I went during college to a special screening of the Director's Cut of Blade Runner. While I really enjoyed it, I have to say that the vision of the future was somewhat bleak. I much prefer the Firefly/Serenity view! :-)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

First I have to get over Zombieslayer's "I have never seen" list of movies. Wow! You need to get started renting some classics, bro!

Next, you're gonna slaughter me--I didn't like Blade Runner. Now, Harrison Ford is forever my hero but that movie was just plain boring! I don't get why everybody loves this movie.
I loved Memento. You're right, the screenplay kicked ass but I must say that American Beauty has that movie outdone by a long shot--and then my choice was The Departed, a newbie film but will create history and be talked about in Great Lists to come from here on out.

Jacob's Ladder scarred me for *life*. I should not have seen it as a young, impressionable person. Nope. Good choice--

12:41 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

The only thing I can figure out re: the people who haven't seen The Blade Runner is that they must be from a younger crowd. Kind of like my co-workers who think Paul Newman is only known for salad dressing. Yup, I wept that day.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Red said...

I disagree on a couple of these, but the one I disagree about the most (other than anything remotely sci-fi) is Best Song from a Movie ever.

I humbly submit that that title belongs to "Needle in the Hay" from The Royal Tenenbaums, or "Between the Bars" from Good Will Hunting, or "Let's Get Lost" from Thumbsucker.

Me? A thing about Elliott Smith? What makes you say that?!?

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home