I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ode to Snow


So white and fluffy, the flakes start a fallin',
Lush and luxurious, a coating for all in . . .
The fields near the forest of trees big and tall,
Staying frozen forever like the eyes of a doll.


Nevermore does the glow of daylight warmth shine,
Icicles and tickles in the throat have arrived,
Billowy smooth blankets of whiteness sublime,
From the first to the last to the end of the line.


Oh, that we could all just continue to be,
Held hollow and fast, wrapped up tight in eternity,
And the only three things that we'll need to stay free,
Are a big stack of snowballs and a you and a me.


Whispering again, the wind is so eager to show,
What the trees and the fog and the snowboarders know,
That the virtue of patience and a lifetime of slow,
Can't beat a single day of fun playing out in the snow.



Ben O.

9 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

Impressive! I'm almost longing for the cold, powdery stuff now (and I'm a White Christmas-but-not-much-else kinda gal...)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Nelly said...

Did you make that shit up all by yourself? I'm impressed!

4:34 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I'm pretty good at $h*t making up.

It's a skill I like to cultivate.

Ben O.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog today.

I loved your "ode to snow" post. I must say, I really don't miss the snow since I moved over here to Maryland. So far we've only had 2 and a 1/2 inches of the white stuff all winter long and it never stays around long enough to even make a snow angel.

I'll bookmark your site and visit again.

3:42 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Staying frozen forever like the eyes of a doll.

I don't know. Some dolls' eyes I could have sworn I've seen move.

That the virtue of patience and a lifetime of slow,
Can't beat a single day of fun playing out in the snow.

Awesome. We had snow on the mountain a bus ride from the house but it only lasted a day. This poem made me miss the snow.

And of all ironies, my word verification word is "hfrain."

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Coming from the Southern Hemisphere, I have to admit to doing my happy dance about the lack of snow this winter in NJ - but, shit - it's been cold!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I love it!!!
Weird timing, considering my own blog post today ;)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Very cool, you made me home sick for snow!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You did NOT make me homesick for snow. In fact, I didn't even read it because an Ode to Snow is so anti-Kathleen.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home