I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Let's Watch it Again!

Okay people,

It's time to address an issue that routinely plagues those of us who get older each day. That being the gap between how techno-savvy you thinks you is and the harsh, cold reality of how techno-retarded you actually are (like that grammar?).

Now, let me preface this already-too-lengthy rant by saying that I was among the first 250 people in line at Gibsons when Pac-Man came out for Atari (Don't believe me - check the photo.) So, I know a thing or two about hip, ultra-modern technological advances. I don't like to toot my own horn too often, but I've even downloaded songs from the internet.

I know . . . how do I stand myself with all that coolness?

So, here's the shocking part of this lil' story - amidst all the state-of-the-art comings and goings of my 21st century life, I suddenly realized that I had never posted anything to Youtube. For those of you who have never heard of Youtube, it's a website devoted entirely to the storing and spreading of homemade videos. We're not talking George Lucas, Stephen Spielberg or even Marty Flozenblatt here people . . . these videos are bare-bones at best. The other night, I think I watched a guy sitting at his kitchen table in the dark staring at his cheerios for 29 minutes, but I might have just been having a bad nightmare.

The point is that Youtube is the newest, hottest thing and in this wild and woolly world of unprecedented outdatedness, if you want to survive . . . you sometimes have to just close your eyes, pluck a few nose hairs and hold on for dear life.

So here goes -

My first official post to Youtube - "Snow Truck Removel".


Enjoy.

Ben O.

(Backstory - we had been watching this Cable truck trying to get out of the snow all morning when this other, larger truck came along and preceded to hork it right on out. I just happened to be shooting some still pictures of all the freakin' snow, and thought I might want to switch on the video mode for the upcoming event. The rest is cinematic history.)

7 Comments:

Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Hi Ben

Sorry, for the Swedish ... shall never happen again :-D

8:53 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Hey, Swedish is great . . .


If you're Swedish.

:)

Come back anytime - Ben O.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Nelly said...

Thanks for visiting ben! Always nice to have new readers, even if you only visit once!

BTW...I expect some cash everytime you use MY phrase, "low and be frickin hold!" ;)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Sure enough, but I must warn you that we print our own money here at The Station.

Ben O.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

My stupid firewall has your link blocked as Malicious Content...dang it.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Nothing malicious there, Kathleen. Nothing exciting either, though.

Ben O.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I was waiting for the Comcast truck to hit the garage on the swing out. It was a little disappointing.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home