I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

iPod-itis


Ben's 5 questions for the new "Digital" age of music

1. Does your thumb hurt from constantly moving around in little circles?

2. Have you ever had to resort to using your cute lil' white earbuds as a weapon? (I've heard that they do in fact make a nice whapping/smacking sound when brought up against some ugly dude's face at 213 mph. Sort of a bizarre cross between a very tiny set of white, plastic nunchucks and pair of miniature rear-view mirror dice. Wield at your own risk)

3. How many different remixes of "Copa Cabana" do you currently have on your iPod?

4. Do you find yourself listening to songs on the radio or on MTV (who are we kidding . . . MTV hasn't played any music for at least 7 years) or in the elevator ride up to the Dentist's office and thinking to yourself "That song is on my iPod"?

5. Have you had to resort to wearing Joe Paterno glasses just so you can see the album artwork on your iPod screen?

If you answered "Yes" to at least 3 & 1/2 of the questions (or for that matter if you are still reading this) I'm afraid you have Stage 7 iPod-itis.

The good news is that it is relatively painless (except for that time you thought you were jamming your earphones into the iPod and weren't) and to date nobody has died of it. The bad news, though, is that there is no known cure and it gets exponentially worse each and every day. Get ready for a lifetime of microscopic album cover pictures and embarrassingly frantic late night iTunes shopping binges.

Hey, don't blame me . . . blame Steve Jobs.


Ben O.

(BTW - Don't forget to click the Audiozue button if ya haven't already. Thanks!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Hey thanks for the comment I can't live without my ipod myself

12:16 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I can't answer your questions because I have yet to indulge in buying myself an iPod. No reason to yet until I get a new home computer as the current home PC is a POS.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

You are all in denial . . . avoiding answering the questions is the first indicator of the disease.

:)

Ben O.

7:37 AM  
Blogger mera_apna said...

hello!! thanks for stopping by my blog!!!..
hmm..i dont have an IPOD..i am with my comp..all day all long!!
and the first symptom seems true !!..thats it...[:P]..lol!!!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Chipper said...

OMG, I just recognized myself in way to many of those!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Sravanthi - Hey . . . so glad to see some new people commenting here at the Station. I hope you'll stop in again and check us out.

Etchen - I love your picture. Tulips are without a doubt the coolest flowers out there.

Ben O.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that my iPod is my favorite thing I own. I listen to it about 8 hours a day... But, I hate their earbuds... I have some wireless ones I use.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

8 Hour, huh? That tops me, but I do listen to mine an awful lot. I have found that I enjoy using it as a jukebox of sorts for parties and the like. I load up a playlist that is appropriate and set it to shuffle and plug it into the home stereo and away we go.

Ben O.

5:08 PM  
Blogger StringMan said...

1. True ... there's a new form of "ipod carpal tunnel syndrome" spreading across the globe.

2. Haven't had to convert them to weaponry, but I'll keep them in my quiver just in case.

3. My pod is a Copa free zone ...

4. I do!

5. I have an older iPod. No album graphics.

Haha! iPod-itis! Who knew? I'll seek therapy immediately. Thanks, Ben!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home