I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Here's Mud in Your Eye

Well, I was wrong - it ain't "Music Week" here at Procrastination Station . . . it's "Week of a Thousand Questions". I know I can never get enough of some dude with too much time on his hands asking me a bunch of silly questions about stuff like music and refreshment.

Anyone want me to switch the format of the blog and turn it into one of those never-endingly popular "Political Watchdog Extravaganza-Fests"?

Anyone? This is your last chance . . .

(No Biff, you don't get a vote. Not after that incident last month with those two waitresses and the missing turtle. 'Fraid not, Amigo.)

Okay then, if everyone is finished crumpling up paper and throwing it at their computer screen, we can get going with today's question -

(In the interest of honesty and fairness I want to send a big shout-out to Mark over at Whatasavage.com for doing all the work on this post and for not realizing that I was going to totally swoop in and steal it and pass it off as my own. Thanks, Bro!)

Here goes -

What are you drinking?

That's it . . . that's the question. Fill us all in on your favorite adult beverage choices (or soda, if you prefer).

One note before we set sail - if the word "Budweiser" appears in any of it's various forms anywhere upon my lil' comments section, I might have to start docking points. Just a warning.

This should be fun . . .


Ben O.

(BTW - Don't forget to click the Audiozue button if ya haven't already. Thanks!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Ben O. said...

Oops - I forgot to list my own current favorites.

Guinness is the golden ring - if they have it, I get it, but after that there are a couple of noteables . . .

I agree with Mark that New Belgium's "Fat Tire" is really good, but amazingly it isn't even their best product. I actually prefer their "1554". So smooth and dark, I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it.

Redhook's ESB is pretty extra special indeed. Fuller's ESB is another nice Bitter (Brother O. can attest to that for sure.)

There is an excellent brewery in downtown Portland, OR that makes exceptional beers - Bridgeport. Good stuff.

I must also admit a liking for some brews that others aren't so into - Moosehead and Rolling Rock. Hey, that's what is so cool about beer, one man's swill is another man's dream come true.

Ain't it the truth.

Ben O.

1:13 PM  
Blogger anne said...

OK, time to fess up, I guess. I have a thing for Southern Comfort.
I know. Also, cider.
On the more... less shameful... stuff, I like Zubrowka (Bison grass) Vodka.
And beer (Cascade, from Tasmania, Australia, is really nice).
I'm also getting into red wine, and I'd really like to try absinth once.
I try not to mix 'n match though.
Such a wannabe lush.

1:29 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I don't drink much actually, but when out I will usually get an Amaretto sour.

I was trying to invent a drink the other day with Raspberry Vodka, Rum, and various fruit punches. So far... eh.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

When I drink alcohol (which isn't very often) it's Corona with a sliver of lime pushed into the bottle.
--or--
A Midori Margarita
--or--
Rum & Coke
--or--
a Hot Apple Pie (delicious on holidays)

My dad makes the best Top Shelf Margaritas known to man.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Crissy T. said...

Flavored vodka (generally rasberry or strawberry) with Diet tonic and a lime slice, a good margarita, Jack Daniels or Jim Beam with a little water, draught Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, and the ocassional Guiness.

yes, I am a lush. I'll never deny that.

7:13 AM  
Blogger arkie said...

Whiskey, vodka, wine, rum and the occasional beer.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Guinness is the elixir from the gods.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Although I rarely turn down a good India Pale Ale or Porter. Out in SF I used to get Black Butte Porter but I can't get here in DTW.

When I'm pretending to be a lady (rarely), I'll get a pinot grigio (I have VERY sophisticated wine tastes).

Margaritas are also pretty darn yummy.

9:51 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

Crown Royal & Mt. Dew, kamikazes, screwdriver, fuzzy navel, dreamsicle (vanilla schnapps & cranberry juice), the list goes on & on.

But I'll settle for a Bud Light. :P

12:23 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

My taste is simple. Cuervo gold served nekkid.

2:01 PM  
Blogger StringMan said...

Depends on which weapon of choice is needed ...

Cuervo Gold is a good "get loose for the gig" drink. Margaritas are a good delivery mechanism.

Glenlivit Scotch for just hanging with friends.

Rum & Coke when I need to behave.

Hey, Rolling Rock is good, light beer.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home