I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, March 31, 2006

Babyface (AKA Feedback Friday (#25))

Okay people, it's Friday and you know what that means here at The Station . . .

Bingo! Feedback Friday. That one, singular day a week when we totally stray from the norm and do something that we almost never, ever do - ask you to answer a question.

What is that? Do I hear (and smell for that matter) dissension among the ranks? Impossible. We haven't even had to resort to wheeling out the over-sized carton of free promotional "Whack-A-Mole" travel games yet. My long-gone mentor, Captain Snodgrass never failed to remind me that the promos and freebies should always be the last available option, and to be perfectly honest, I have a sneaking suspicion that Evil Twin Biff and his cronies have been pilfering the sub-basement stash and hitting eBay after Zelda, the night-maid locks up.

I have 2 words for ya - Moonlighting. Or is that just one word?

Okay, enough foolin' around -

Let's get to it before Management wanders by and realizes that I don't even know how to turn this thing on.

This week's feedback survey is a good one . . . sort of a variation on a previously explored theme. (Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.)

(Oh, it's broke.)

I was listening to some U2 this morning and a song called "Babyface" randomly popped up. I don't know what it is, but I have always hated that song. It's so totally below U2's musical standards. Anyway, it made me wonder about you guys and what songs you would classify as your personal "Babyfaces" - those songs by otherwise awesome musical acts that for some unknown reason stink worse than Ashlee Simpson on SNL.

It's pretty straight forward - List three crappy songs by bands that you really like.

This should be fun . . .


Ben O.

(BTW - Don't forget to click the Audiozue button if ya haven't already. Thanks!)

13 Comments:

Blogger StringMan said...

Had to really think about this one:

Extreme: More Than Words. Unfortunate breakout tune for a band that proclaimed itself "Hard Rock". Not.

Rod Steward: Do You Think I'm Sexy. Rod has done a few that were just there to fill the airways.

Eddie Murphy: Party all the Time. Eddie lost me on that one. A good lesson in why comics should stick to their craft.

There ya go.

7:57 PM  
Blogger StringMan said...

Another one I just heard yesterday: "We Built This City" by Jefferson Starship. What a stupid song by an otherwise good band - at least they were good when they were just an Airplane.

Oh, Rod Steward? Stewart!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Ben O - Yes, I think he's a good author. I've read everything he's written now, save his newest. He's got to be the best thriller writer out there without getting into the Stephen King genre.


I have to work on your Feedback Friday question. Need to be in front of my CDs!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Strings - Hey (Loved your most recent post - Everyone check it out . . . classic).

I agree with Extreme. I thought after that song they were going to break out bigtime, but they never quite made it. I actually sort of like "Do You Think I'm Sexy", but I listen to it with my sense of humor turned way, way up. It's fun and we'll leave it at that.

Fred - I'm a pretty big Maiden fan, but the strange thing is that I have never heard that song. Now, having your review of it in my head, I may never want to.

Stings #2 - Yep, The Starship has certainly left the galaxy. I prefer their late '70s stuff like "Find Your Way Back", "Jane" and "No Way Out", but that's just me.

Kathleen - well, I guess now I have another author I need to check out . . . the pile is getting overwhelming.

Ben O.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

The Cure - Friday I'm in Love *gag*
R.E.M. - Radio Song & Shiny Happy People - actually, I'd include the entire Out of Time album
Peter Murphy - Kill the Hate

1:01 PM  
Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I'm very bad at naming songs. I know, bad, I just listen to the music and hardly pay attention to the titles and musicians!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog. =)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Suggestion for this week: The Opposite - Song you like by a band you normally hate. ;-)

6:41 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Stevie Wonder: I Just Called to Say...

John Mayer: Bigger Than My Body

R.E.M.: Shiney Happy People

8:19 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Kathleen - I agree with most, but for some strange reason I sort of, sort of like Shiny Happy People. Maybe it's the video that stands out in my mind when I listen to it.

Kelly - No, thank you.

Kathleen #2 - that's a great idea. Now I can take the rest of the week off since I don't have to come up with an idea for Feedback Friday. Thanks.

Sadie - I agree with "I Just Called . . ." - total crap. I don't know that John Mayer song, but check above for my "Shiny Happy People" reasoning.

I think my list of three is as follows -

1. U2 - Babyface
2. Pink Floyd - A Great Day for Freedom
3. R.E.M. - Radio Song

Ben O.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Everclear--AM Radio

11:44 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I should get into Everclear more, but for some reason I just know a few of their songs. I really like "Santa Monica", but who doesn't . . .

Ben O.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Everclear is pretty hit or miss. We have like three of their albums when we should have just waited for that Best Of cd to come out--we own that too.
They are one of those bands that has three or four awesome songs on each cd and the rest is pure junk.

8:54 PM  
Blogger flea said...

hmmm this is tough nothing is really coming to mind at the moment

ummm

lionel ritchie - hello, this video creeped me out, isn't she blind or something....

inner circle - bad boys, the famous Cops theme song, god i dislike this song and it just sticks in your head

ace of base - Sign or I saw the sign, this song is just retarded

that's all that comes to mind at the moment, i may think of more and come back later....

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home