I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, May 08, 2009

Feedback Friday (#81)



Okay, here's one for ya . . .

I finally finished reading the entire Harry Potter book series. Yep, done. All 29 books. In the bag.

And I must say that I found them all to be really good. I know they have a reputation as kids books, but I really got alot out of them. Looking back, I think there is a whole bunch of material in there that is actually a little beyond the childhood realm. Especially in the last few installments, which began to venture quite boldly into the ever-dark and mysterious subject of "death".

My favorite thing about them is the world that J.K. Rowling created. It was believable and even preferable sometimes. Magic and the study and care of it makes for a wonderful backdrop for a bunch of growing kids adventure stories.

So, seeing as how the over-worked, under-paid intern is still on oxygen down in the sub-basement and the last substantially legitimate sighting of Evil Twin Biff was somewhere in North Dakota, I have the place all to myself.

And that means I get to come up with the Feedback Friday question without any unnecessary distractions or intimidation. Feels good to have a unique and un-influenced thought.

So, here it is . . .

Which Harry Potter book was your favorite?

That's it. That's the assignment. Which one did you like the best. And why?

If you have never heard of Harry Potter, or if you actually are a practicing Wizard and therefore don't need to read about magic in a fictional form, tell us about the best book you've read in the past few months.

If you don't read and live in a cave, describe your favorite rock or stone.

There. Everyone should be able to participate.


Looking forward to it - Ben O.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think I like the 6th one the best. You get to learn all about Voldermorts upbringing. The last one was real good too. They definitely got better as she progressed.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have not read any of the Harry Potter books and frankly, I'm thoroughly impressed that you have read all of them! Wow!

But I am in a monthly book club and we do read some interesting books. My recent favorite is Nefertiti...such a great book! I loved exploring the world of ancient Egypt and enjoy historical fiction.

Glad you're back!

Rachel

8:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So now that you are done Ben are you moving on to Twilight?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Uh, probably not. I have heard that guys don't relate to those books. Something about friendly, cuddly vampires and teenage romance. I want my vampires all bloody and fierce. Not heart-throbby.

You?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books but I might still at some stage.
I recently read a book called "Shantaram" and can honestly say it's one of the best books I have ever read. Do yourself a favour and get a copy if you can. The author is David Gregory Roberts. Google it, I couldn't do it justice in a comment ;-)
Suffice to say that apart from anything else, it is really well written.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home