I Can't Really Complain . . . But I Still Do
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado

Friday, July 18, 2008

Feedback Friday (#78)


Okay, here's one for ya . . .

So, it's Sunday and I'm checking out the ads that come bundled in my Sunday Paper. There's all the usual stuff, but one thing hit me as really telling of where we are as a society here in America.

There's a point, so hang in there.

Apparently, there's a new Aerosmith version of the overwhelmingly popular Guitar Hero video game. Hey, I love playing guitar and I even like Aerosmith a little (Their older stuff), but admittedly - I haven't played the game yet.

I know, I know. I've already been told that it's the coolest game ever and I need to venture out of my cave and give it a try. Send me a signed cashier's check for the purchase price and I promise I will.

So, back to the events at hand on Sunday.

I'm flipping through the paper and one of the ads for Aerosmith's Greatest Hits on CD at the new mega-store, "Best Circuit Warehouse City", actually said this -

"Contains songs heard in Guitar Hero"

What!?!

Did I miss something? The CD that has been out since before CDs were invented, has songs contained on it that are from the video game that is younger than my flim?

Am I reading this correctly?

It was in that very moment that I new I was old.

And . . . if you are still reading this, odds are that you are old too.

So, for today's assignment - let's hear all about the goofiest thing you've seen lately come out of our "Miley Cyrus is cool and Pink Floyd is gone" culture. What headline or advertisement out there makes you feel old or out of touch?

This should be interesting.

Ben O.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

The commercials in the morning on CNN headline news for Head On. They must be geared at a different generation because they are stupid and pointless to me.

OR
The couple in the comercial for Valtrex. The woman changed from the last one, but she still don't have herpies. SORRY... that just makes me laugh.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Glenn said...

They're remaking Footloose! WTF?!??!!?????????????!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!????

4:04 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

This was a really really really long time ago, but overheard in a record store (it was a long time ago, remember) coming out of the mouth of a teenager upon seeing a Beatles album "Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?"

I actually have additional more recent examples, but I, of course, can't think of them right this very second. Oh yeah!

Working with 23 year olds you get to hear things like "Paul Newman? You mean the salad dressing guy?" when talking about how cool Paul Newman is and all his great movies. Slightly older 20-something (maybe even 30) co-worker who said, "Wasn't he a minor actor?"

It's enough make one despair of the younger generation.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

*sigh*

to make...stupid missed word.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home